SIZE 0 CLOTHES???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It does take some of the romance out of surprising her with gift that should have said, "I saw this and I thought of you." Instead, with a gift card, it's more like, "I saw a cute top and thought of you, now get up and go buy it."

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I prefer the gift card...and I prefer to give a gift card. Just add a small personal item, like perfume, lotion, or a tiara...:jester: whatever..and attach the gift card to it. That way, it shows you chose something for her and send her on a shopping spree. Can't go wrong!

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

<------is thinking HG needs a cheeseburger or six.

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Then again, why do women make giving gifts so complicated?

This whole idea (the gift part at any rate) was started because I remarked about the trevails of getting a surprise gift (like a cute top) that I happened to see in a store while shopping for something else (like a tool or a gizmo). Not going out and shopping specifically for a gift. Now you not only want me to buy a gift card for the top I happened to see that I knew she's like, but you also want me to buy another gift to go with the surprise gift.

And y'all wonder why men wander around seemingly in a daze!

5. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Or if she loses any weight, a sandwich and an IV.

My daughter has the same problem....25 years old and three weeks after having a baby back in size 0 jeans. Now two years later, they look big on her.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Simple - make a date out of it, suggest you BOTH go out shopping to pick out the top, when you give her a gift card. She can pick out what she wants, you can suggest what you like, she can model it for you ... make it fun! It can be cold to give her a gift card and send her off shopping .... so go shopping with her!

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Back on topic, sorry .. no advice here other than buying then having clothes altered to get that 'exact' fit. It seems next-to-impossible to get an exact fit anywhere anymore, if you're going by size.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its one of my moms favorite places to shop. Alot of the clothes they carry are multi-outfit useable and they pack well for traveling, wrinkle-free, etc... there is a Chico's store down at Smithfield outlets now, over near Liz Claiborne and Bass Shoes.

:hurray:

9. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

I know New York & Company has size 0 in Tall length, but I assume they will be too big as well because their other sizes seem to run a little big.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

yeah the pants are 2 big there also, the skirts I can wear tho, I 've got a CUTE black pencil skirt that came from NY&Co.

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Liz Claiborne and the 0 3 5 store. I have also learned to put elastic in parts of the waist, which only takes about 5 minutes.

Sherry

12. EllieMae

EllieMae Member

Harleygirl I have the same problem. I am a size 0 but I am 5'11" and have a 36 inseam so it is a nightmare for me trying to find pants. I find most of my pants at the country westerns stores. They carry 0 sizes with the extra long inseams because of cowboy boots. You can find alot online as well if you search for the country westerns stores and very well priced. Good Luck!!!

13. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I would like to know what you did to loose so much weight? I lost a ton years ago but now just hover around "average" and my body doesn't want to let go of much more.

14. harleygirl

DANG! Well if you have any 0's you want to get rid of, I can just cut a few inches off the bottom! Seriously.

15. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Just remember average isn't bad! Sometimes losing too much weight doesn't look good. After I had my second daughter, I started dieting and exercising. I got to my goal and kept going. I didn't like the way I looked below the weight of my goal. I lost my curves! A gained a few pounds back and felt much better. It all depends on what you're comfortable with.

16. harleygirl

see I'm weird. I don't eat breakfast, maybe once a week with DH on Sunday's.
    I DONT LIKE cheese, bread, chocolate, milk, pasta. So I don't have "cravings" like most people I know. I RARELY eat anything that comes out of a box. I don't eat at fast food restaurants (OK maybe once a month I'll hit Holts Lake BBQ):mrgreen:

Breakfast:
    Coffee & Cigs
    OR
    MT DEW & Cigs

Lunch:
    nothing
    or sometimes a lean cusine meal or leftovers from home

Dinner: (most everything we grill, not "homestyle" cooking)
    Chicken
    Venison Steak
    Shrimp
    Fish
    pizza (about once a month maybe longer)

If I get a little bit hungry, a pat or 2 of p-nut butter gets me by or some peaches, pears, celery or carrots.

Seriously I cut my portions WAY BACK, and upped the Miller Lites. No lie. And having a dog helps. We run like maniacs around the yard, :lol: go to the park etc...

Please note, I am not a DR nor do I play one on TV.
    Before starting a diet or exercise routine consult your doctor. :mrgreen:

Good Luck to you.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Never mind, I am not your mom!! :jester: :grouphug:

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I saw that. lol

19. harleygirl

what!!! I missed it :lol:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, you didn't ask my opinion, but here goes, I don't think you are eating enough nutrition wise!! You need some calcium in there! You look great, but I want you to be healthy too!! :cheers: :grouphug: