Smartphone Advice

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

It depends on what you use it for and how much you use it I guess. My dad still has an old flip phone because he never texts, googles or e-mails. He simply uses it for phone calls. He said he probably won't ever need to upgrade. In my case, I'm upgrading from a basic phone to a Smartphone. My phone barely handles texting. :lol: I'm ready for an upgrade.

2. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

I have the Moto Droid Bionic! I love this phone and it is one of the best phones on the market. My wife has my old Droid X but I really wanted to upgrade her phone to the new Razr... I have no upgrade available till May...

Oh well. I am sure there will be a better phone out by then.

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

That is a VERY good question, and something worth considering. The reason I got my current phone was because I didn't want/need all of the extra features. You really have to consider what you're going to use the phone for, how often you'll be using it, WHY you want it (cuz everyone else has one? ) ... there are cheaper ways to play games if you're bored ... most phones can send text messages ... it's like buying a new car. They come fully loaded, then you start looking at what you don't need when you're considering the bottom line price.

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Possibly by May the new Droid operating system will be out ... supposed to be the latest and greatest ... Samsung's Galaxy Nexus for example (Not available in the US yet).

What do you like/dislike about the Droid Bionic?

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

In my case (aside from the fact it is a company provided phone) my EVO 4G is a workhorse for me. It's the fastest quickest way for my customers to get in touch with me via either a phone call or e-mail. I text alot as well as to me it is easier to send and respond to a text than to make a phone call most of the time.

Also being the back-up IT person here at work I get network notifictions across my phone for issues or problems and thanks to an app called spiceworks on my phone and our network, I can walk up to any network attached equipment, scan a QR code and pull up the entire history of that machine making trouble shooting alot easier.

Then there is my Zombie app......that thing is cool.

6. Allioop

I got my Rezound today! Let the weekend begin! :lol:

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Enjoy!! Once you've played with it for awhile, let me know your opinion of it!! :)

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I was wrong about May, they're talking about releasing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus this upcoming week or two ... and possibly the Droid 4 soon as well (in the next month or so).

9. Allioop

I LOVE it!!! I couldn't be happier. I mentioned before that a review I read said it was heavy and the camera wasn't good. Uh... no...It's not heavy and the camera works great. The camera is an 8 MP and the pics are beautiful. I still have a lot to learn but so far, so good. One really unique feature is that it came with "beats by dr. dre" earbuds that are awesome! If you use your phone to listen to music a lot or watch videos/movies, this is a perfect phone to get.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I think you made a good choice, so far it's gotten really good reviews everywhere!

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

12. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

I absolutely love my iphone. I don't use a lot of apps, but there seems to be plenty for the iphone, and a great majority are free. It is by far the easiest, most intuitive phone I have ever used. Hubby got my old one when I upgraded to the 4s and he loves it too. He had a Blackberry Curve 2 and HATED IT. Difficult to figure out unless you play around with it alot (which he did not because he hates computers, etc). Also, he had problems with it doing weird things and the only way to fix it was to take it out of the otter box (royal pain) and remove the battery to reset it.

Good luck!

13. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

There were a lot of things I wanted upgraded from my Droid 1 and then the Droid X solved a lot of that. There was a small list for the X and the Bionic did just that and is so much better than any phone I have ever used.

Everything works smooth in it and works great without force closes or anything. 4G is faster than the best service you can get from time warner

I did want to get the Razr but I did not have a upgrade available like I thought after the Bionic purchase. It is a little faster and probably a little more landscaper safe.

I was relieved that I did not have a upgrade available because I am in love with my Bionic. The battery lasts me all day long and I am a 3-4 GB user every month. I am glad I did not buy the extended battery... The standard has 120 more talk hours then the iphone...

I hope this helps.

BTW the iphone 4s is a joke. I mean don't get me wrong. Siri is probably the most intelligent program ever put on a device but a lot of the software has been on Droids since the beginning... I have always had voice data input for texting hands free and don't have to scroll through contacts to call someone. Just tell the phone to call so and so and the phone performs the task...

I don't really have countless hours to spend sitting around thinking of stupid comments to get a clever remark. And the device is not 4G mainly because Siri takes what ever little batter life the iphone had before the 4s. I tried it... Dead before 10am in comparison to my Bionic that lasts me from 5:30am-12:30am... And if that was not enough I could just get the extended battery that is twice the battery life and 1/3 size larger...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011