Oven Element?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Nov 18, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The element in my oven burned out in spectacular fashion last night, it put on quite a show!

Is that appliance parts place still open in downtown Clayton? I don't think they are as I can't seem to find a number anywhere.

Tried calling the Sears appliance place on 70 but they aren't open yet and I NEED to get this fixed ASAP since I am cooking for Thanksgiving.

I just need the part, not a repair person. DH can put it in no problem.

2. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me about a month ago. There's a place in Raleigh called D&L Parts Co. They had mine in stock, I just had to pick it up. The number is 828-0975 and the address is 2324 Atlantic Ave. I think it cost me about $55.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

THanks!! I will check with them too.:cheers:

I finally got hold of Sears, very nice fella told me to check with Cashwells near Capt Stanley in Garner (or is it Ral there?). I didn't have the right model number with me, so waiting on DH to get back to me with it.

Fun times!!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You may also want to check Garner TV & Appliance on Hwy. 70 @ Yeargan Rd.

5. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

THAT place near Captain Stanleys has them, I just took out the old one and took it in!! GOOD LUCK

6. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Lowes at 42 has them as well.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hmmm...........well, I didn't think about Lowe's carrying stuff for Kenmore's. I will keep that in mind if this catastrophe happens again. :lol:

DH is on his way to Cashwell's as we speak. I need to know if I'm going to be back in business or if I need to go buy a new stove.

Thanksgiving is looming!!

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

or you can just fire up the egg and do all the cooking on that.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's already been tapped for a smoked turkey breast! I'm doing one on the Egg, one in the crockpot and a ham. :jester:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tell me about it!!! I've had this one ten years, kinda hoping it's at the end of it's life, LOL

Not really, it still looks good an up until last night we'd had no problems. :mrgreen:

(I didn't know elements could do what that one did, it looked like we had an arc welder in there!)

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oven is back up and running, just in time to cook the bird. Woo hoo!

Cashwells was easy peasy according to DH should anyone need a part in the future. :cheers:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray: