What's up with 96Rock??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by firefly69, Nov 21, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I want to go!! DH and DS flat out refused though. Guess I'm going to have to find me a "date". LOL

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have never thought 96 had "greatness", hence my comment about having a station like 106 used to be, that we could pick up in this area, but it was the only station that at least attempted to play something other than country or pop, both of which I despise. Maybe I just picked bad times to listen yesterday, but the music "mix" I heard sucked out loud. I hope you are right and it gets better. Thinking Sirius will get all my car time now.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I don't listen to over the air radio much, only when I need traffic info. I don't like other people telling me what I want to hear. Other than that, I prefer my own (ripped) albums, or Pandora.

Brand new, though, is Google Music. It allows you to put all your music (ripped, iTunes and Amazon) in one place that you can access via your smart phone, computer or any other appliance that can connect to Google. At least that's what the ads are saying. I just started using it, so we'll see. :)

4. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

I loved listening to Pandora at work until they changed our network settings and we can no longer get it. I now use Spotify which I love.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

I heard the new 96 today. it sucks!! it seems that it is just a computer playing songs. the triangle now has has no true rock station.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My point exactly. Sad.

7. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

From the look of the website the station has no DJ's. I have heard of stations going to a completely automated system. So where does that leave the personalities who worked over there?

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Hopefully, they are working on a new and better gig. One can hope!!

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the DJ personalities that no longer seem to have jobs at 96.1, but I really like the variety they are playing. Its good for streaming on the work computer, and not alot of talk. I was never a die-hard 96 Rock listener, I've been listening to satellite radio or streaming stations from online for so long that I'd gotten away from local radio stations.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

honestly, minus the "blah blah blah" it's just not that different a selection, IMO.

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

12. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

It does seem like they've expanded their playlist ever so slightly.. I heard "One Thing Leads to Another" by The Fixx this afternoon on the ride home, and I was happy about that- then they followed it up with "Cocaine" by Clapton and I changed stations.......

I think most people could be easily convinced that Eric Clapton has only 2 songs to his credit based on what's played on commercial radio.