Where to buy live Christmas tree?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pbarefoot, Nov 22, 2011.

1. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

Hello:

For the first time in many years, I am putting up a real tree. (not by choice, fake tree died last year and I refuse to pay full retail). Anyway, I thought it would be nice to turn it into a little adventure and find a place selling trees that maybe also sells hot chocolate, etc. You know, some place that makes it a special event instead of a dirty parking lot filled with half dying trees. Any ideas? I'm willing to drive a little ways to make this a special time for us. Thanks!

PB

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

try farmers market

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Boone...fresh in the field is my first choice, but when we can't get there, we buy from Lee's in Clayton (S. Robertson Street). We used to buy from the little farm market in Wilson's Mills, but Lee's has a great selection and the folks there are really nice. They usually have apple cider inside, not sure about hot chocolate, but you could ask. They also have wreaths, bows, old fashioned candy, etc. We have a live tree every year (21st this year). I hate fake trees.

4. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

Amelia Christian Church has real trees for sale. They start selling them Friday.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Last year, MamaApe's family set up at Chop's parking lot selling Christmas trees and her little one was selling some type of beverage to raise money for charity. Hopefully they will be doing it again this year.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

cleveland rd & cornwallis

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Did you forget to pretend to water it?

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

LMAO!! :lol::lol:

9. lisa6536

lisa6536 Member

Live Fresh Christmas Trees

L and G Farms
    Hard working dedicated family, farms for a living. Support local farmers not just people that go buy produce at a wholesale house from any where and resale.
    Open now
    Gene Lee 9195249525
    Much cheaper than Farmers Market and personal service
    Located in front of Cleveland Elementary School

10. BuzzMyMonkey

I support them thru out the year, they may be much cheaper than some tree farmers at the market but not all.

The plus side to the market is you have a variety of tree farmers selling trees, some more expensive than others, I have always left there with a 45-50 dollar whopper of a tree, which some down the aisles same size were 60-70 dollars.
    It takes longer to find one there for me because I'm back and forth looking than narrow it down to a couple choices and finally pick one. You deal with the direct growers there also which makes them a bit fresher.

11. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I know of this place and the one on 50, is there anywhere else semi local you can cut your own tree?

12. BuzzMyMonkey

there are a few but this area in my opinion don't have good trees for cutting, the fraiser fir is one of the best trees anywhere, they have great needle retention and by far the best and longest lasting smell of a good tree, one would have to travel at the very least 1-1.5 hr to cut one themselves.

13. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Road Trip! :) The frame of mind I'm in, I just might!

14. BuzzMyMonkey

head west to winston salem than north to area of sparta and laurel springs nc where you can find quite a few farms there, most will have that cool homey feel with the wagon rides and all.

15. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Lee's Produce on Main Street in Clayton!!!!

16. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

If you want a good deal on Frasier Furs just come to the lot across the way from white oak on 70... It's on the Island short cut through from 70 to Jones Sausage.

Trees are $35-135

Come check us out!

Trees 2 Go from WadeLynn farms of NC!

17. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the plug, unfortunately we are not doing trees this year but we really support all the 4042ers that came out! My DD raised $300 for the Children's Miracle Network last year! This year she will be singing on Dec 7th at the Festival of Trees in JoCo & 4:30 to raise money for CMN if y'all are interested!

PS, on Hwy 50 was always my fav, it used to be PopnSons! Or Kens produce on Hwy 50.

18. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

There's a tree farm in Coats. They have Frazier and Douglas, you pick, they cut, trim, wrap, load. Any tree is $35 bucks. Can't beat that.

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Frazier and Douglas firs grown in Coats? Are you sure about that?

20. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Apparently not, I thought that's what I read on the sign when I went this weekend. Sorry, I don't know my trees very well. But here's the place..

http://www.ncagr.gov/ncproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=100056