Car Window Tinting - Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

My daughter wants her car windows tinted. I have no idea where to get this done. Does anyone have any suggestions for local businesses??
    Thanks!

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Better check with law enfocement prior to this task. Some tinting is a violation of state law and the window tinting businesses are not responsible for enforcing the law. They will tint them as dark as you desire and let you worry about the law. I have always felt these businesses should be fined for tinting car windows that are in violation. Just my 2 cents worth!

3. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I've only used Tinted Image on HWY 70 in Garner. It's close by Team Powersports. He is a true business man and will let you know what is leagal and he stands by his product.

Tinted Image
    319 U.S. 70, w
    Garner, NC 27529
    (919) 329-5704

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

ditto, he did my house and car(to the state legal tint limit)

5. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

There's a place across from Sam's near downtown. Good tint at great prices. As for the legality of tint, you should be fine if you don't go any darker than 20%. I've never been stopped for tint and when I've been pulled over for something else, nothing was said.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
  7. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

ditto here also. Did my house and car. Great people to deal with and very professional job. They explained exactly what state law was and did just what the law called for. Will use them again in a heartbeat.

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I would not want to be in law enforcement in those that allow 70% for all auto windows.