Thrift/Consignment shops?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Aug 31, 2007.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree that their prices are way too high. I've seen stuff with Dollar Tree tags priced $2.99 or more. I've been twice and haven't bought a thing.

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I saw two small Christmas decoration items there the other day that were EXACTLY the same thing - a Santa standing near a chimney figurine. One was price $1.99, and the other was priced $3.98. I wonder how they decide what to price items. Maybe it depends on who is working that day? I was back the next week, and the $1.99 one was no longer there, but the other one still is. Small wonder.:?

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has been mentioned but I didn't want to go through the whole thread-I really liked the Bargain Barn near Fuquay on 42. I didn't really look at the clothes but I thought they had nice stuff for good prices. I think they do some woodworking too; they had picnic tables for sale and one of those pretty, simple wooden cutout Nativity scenes.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Love that place too! I have gotten a headboard (nice, solid wood, queen, modern) for $25 and a nice, huge framed mirror $15. they have some really neat stuff in there. Didn't look at the clothes either.

5. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We were just there last weekend - they had a huge bin of clothes for 25 cents per piece. I found 5 pairs of pants - 2 were jeans with the tags still on them - and one sweater. I also found a few sets of king-sized sheets for $2 a set! This place is quite a find; they have unique, hand crafted items that are VERY affordable. I would recommend checking it out!:cheers:

6. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Unless it has recently changed, Lil Joey's isn't consignment. They buy your items straight out and resell them. I took some stuff there ONCE and walked out feeling completely ripped off.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

If they did not offer you what you felt was a fair price, why did you sell to them?

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

well it was my first time ~hahaha~ but it won't happen again!