Hey smart smartphone people - Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Nov 30, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My brain is scrambled from deciphering which is the best phone. First we were looking at Verizon phones because that's who we're with. Then we decided to go with Sprint. My brain is scrambled from phone searching. I've even been watching youtube video reviews.

Which do you think is the best phone we can use on the Sprint network? We've looked at the EVO but if you say that please be specific. There's about seventy-eight different kinds...or 4..or ever how many. I've looked at so many I don't remember. I should have had a pen and paper in hand when I did it.

We decided on Verizon's "Rezound" (after 3 days of homework) then decided to switch over to Sprint. So I get to start over.

I've looked at the 4042 threads. You know I go there first.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

remember that Sprints coverage is nothing like Verizon's.

3. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

you just said what I was thinking about, there is so many choices, been wanting to swap up but can't decide what i will really use. I also looked into verison my sisters have that service, but I am sticking with sprint. They have the unlimited texting as if i know a lot about texting but my daughter thinks i should learn I am drooling over the i phone but don't know if i need it or just want it . if i go for the apple i think i will get it through the store. Then there are the ones they call free which involves the contract. Free sounds so nice but i realy don't have faith in getting anythng, free there are strings. Plus when yoou read the reviews it adds to my confusion. Yes the EVO has some good reviews the galaxy S ll sounds good too, it is hard to decide. then my reception is so good on my old phone my kids take theirs outside half the time. it's driving me crazy

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A few people recommended the galaxy s II to me, which wasn't available on verizon so I didnt really look at it ... but it's something you might consider.

5. nsanemom22

KB Verizon does have the better coverage.

We looked at the Galaxy phones and I was all decided then DH said what how about those EVO's!?

I should just close my eyes and pick.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

See i don't get that about Verizon having better coverage, i have had Sprint for 10 years and i never have a problem with coverage and actually have been with someone with Verizon when they had no signal and i did:confused: As for the EVOs, i absolutely love my EVO 4g although my husband calls it my computer in my ear:lol:

7. nsanemom22

DH is looking at the EVO 4G and the 4G Design.

8. KellBell

Look at the maps.

My husband has Sprint and can't talk to me (verizon) at all if he is at the beach house and I am here, unless he goes outside.

He is in WV now, as we speak, tries to call me, hardly a signal at all at his MOm's house. Has to go outside too. His mom, who has verizon, can call from the same room, no problem at all.

If he's around here, in Raleigh, no problem with a signal.

He does have the EVO 4G and LOVES it (when he has good coverage)

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The Sprint coverage maps are pretty accurate. It says I have very limited service in my corner of our subdivision, and I do! In my house reception for phone calls sucks, step out to my front porch or driveway and its fine. My coverage for texting and apps is fine in the house and with WIFI. I really don't have problems anywhere else with Sprint, we've been with them for atleast 10 years now.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Has he tried the PRL update, i was told that if you are having problem with a signal to update the PRL and it will pick up more towers. Don't know the details but have others i told to try it say it works.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Verizon did just update their network in November and are planning another update in mid-December, I read.

12. nsanemom22

Tassy if I'm not mistaken I think I know about where you live and the street level map at www.sprint.com shows both "good" and "fair" coverage. Will you look at the map and tell me which area you are in? I'm in "fair" and that looks like the worst available?

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes... in the middle of all that GOOD and BEST... I am the in the little blob of FAIR. Its not that I have NO service at my house, it stays about 1 bar for signal strength. So depending on where in the house I am I MIGHT get a little better, or worse. Calls breaking up is my worst problem, rarely do I have disconnects. But, to be perfectly honest I hate talking on the phone anyway, and people who know and want to reach me at home call me on the home phone.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  14. nsanemom22

thank you ma'am

15. KellBell

I will ask him about that. If I had to guess, I would say "no". Thanks for the tip. :)

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

We should have some great signal at my house before long. The company is getting me a Sprint signal booster for the house, which from talking to my IT guy who recently installed one at his house to test, it's like having your own personal cell tower in your back yard.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Wow... thats good news!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just recently got an email from Sprint that they are also upgrading both voice and 4g service in our area soon:hurray::hurray::hurray:

20. nsanemom22

My Sprint coverage at home was nada. After 6 days we went back to BestBuy and got a refund. Went to the Verizon kiosk at BJs and worked with Brandi there forever. Changed our minds on phones a hundred times. She was even going to drive to Fuquay to get what we wanted because she was out of stock. We ended up ordering 2 iPhone 4s's. NEW TOYS!! I figure if we don't like the iPhone, there is a 14 day exchange period on that too..so.. what ever.

I'm so used to T9.. those virtual keyboards are... touchy! lol

And I don't see how girls with acrylic nails use their phones.