A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The BIGGEST perk of getting older.... it beats the hell out of the alternative.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:cheers:

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Seems like every time my family gets hit in the face with something bad, my friends'/coworkers'/etc generosity NEVER ceases to amaze me. I am blessed.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i need a workout buddy, i am so lame, i can do anything for anyone else especially my kids, but i need someone to hold me accountable for working out. The ladies only gym on 42 has a special today and tomorrow for no enrollment fee and $19.99 a month with the first month 1/2 off and i really want to go join but i am scared i will commit to it and go really good at first and then drop off. Doesn't someone else want to lose some pounds and get in shape again?

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

hmmmmm.....talk to me later.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hello weekend....in T-minus 8 minutes....

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

will do, see ya in a little while

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I need a cupcake.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Definitley another one of those days when you understand why some animals eat their young. :banghead:

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Happy Friday peeps!! :hurray:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :cheers:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!
    I CANT WAIT to see DH today :hurray:

my little tail is done @ 4 today! WOOT!!!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Right there with you!! So ready for my DH to get back here!

13. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

:cry: I'm very sad today...got a call from the hospital this morning, saying that anyone who wants to have some time with my Daddy, should probably come this weekend. He's 7 hours away and I probably won't be able to go; not sure I could handle seeing him anyway. Last time I was there, it scared me to see him so frail...guess that's just not how I want to remember him.
    My mom passed away in 2007, and she took care of everything at home; I really dodn't think he would last long without her. I am amazed and very proud of how strong and independent he has become...that's what I want to remember.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i can just imagine how hard this must be for you, will keep you in prayers:grouphug::grouphug:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

out of here at 12:30 today, gotta get some shopping done:hurray:

17. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks, kdc and Kaci and Happy Shopping, Kaci! Need to do some done myself but am stuck on my boys...don't have a clue what to get them!

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's sad. I'm so sorry! :grouphug::grouphug:

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that :grouphug:

I can relate, while my grandmother was dying of cancer up in Massachusetts I was here. And while all the rest of my family felt obligated to go and see her at her worst, I was lucky to not have to see it. They all say that I was the fortunate one who gets to remember her in her much more vibrant days and not at the end. She actually died earlier than expected, as I had a plane ticket to go up to see her the next week. I'm kinda glad now that it worked out like it did.

20. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks HG & Tassy. And, Tassy I am glad you posted that; made me feel a little better about my decision not to go right now; I have been feeling very selfish for that. With my husband on the road it is very difficult for me to take off to GA since I am home with 4 kids. I know that when the time comes, I will need to be down there for a while taking care of things. He is my step-father in everyone else's eyes, but to me he's MY DADDY. I was closer to him than his other three children, and it is my job to protect what I can for him. He wanted it that way, unfortunately we never had it put in writing, so I have a long, hard battle in front of me. Guess I feel that I can do more for him in that way than I can just going to tell him good-bye. I pretty much did that last time I was there, guess I kinda knew I'd never see him again.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011