Welding

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Looking for someone to do a little bit of welding on a couple of small car parts. Does anyone know someone locally who might do this on the side or willing to do small jobs?

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

My buddy Mike(Smiley) Barbour does welding and I think he is set up for mobile work. He lives off of Buffalo Rd, between Charles Barnes' Store and Percy Flowers' Store. He's probably in the book.
    Also, a little closer, my friend Johnny Givens could probably help you. He lives on Hamby Street, across the street from the High School (I'm sure you've seen the pig cookers).

Tell them I sent you!!!

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

If you live around cleveland school, I can do it. mig,tig,stick, lathes, mills. most anything metal. send me a pm

4. Grinder

Im trying to get the pics from my wife's phone of the part i need worked on so i can post it here. Hopefully she still has it.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

5. Grinder

Here is the part...

[​IMG]

Its the "gasket" on the left. What it is is part of a heater box from a 66 Mustang that i am restoring. You can see its broke and rusted through. No one sells this part anymore. You cant get it unless you get an entire new heater box at nearly $400. So i bought a used box for $100 and was going to use the gasket out of it. Funny enough, that gasket is rusted and broke in exactly the same place. Go figure. So i need to use the better gasket as the "base" and break apart the other gasket to create the missing "arm" on the good one and weld all that together to make 1 complete gasket. Does that make sense?

Its not a lot of work, i dont think, but thats what i have.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Cleveland & Grill Rd. The guy is ON cleveland if you come home that way today he has a sign out front

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

call me 369.7961

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Gotta say I admire your gonads for posting your phone number on-line on a public forum.

9. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

I called him and went to his place. He fixed my part and only charged $15. Big or small; if it's metal, this guy can handle it. I'll use him again.
    Thanks 40/42.

10. Grinder

Got my part welded today. A#1 job. Tons of thanks.