BJ's Milk Container

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DontCareHowYouDoItInNY, Dec 6, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

LMAO!!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRISTMAS TREES!

instead of tipping the jug over to meet the glass, bring the glass/cup up to meet the lip of the jug so that the lip is on top of the rim of the glass.
    It may take you using two hands :lol:
    does that make sense?

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Doesn't everyone do that already? :)

4. harleygirl

I would assume not since he can't pour a glass of milk for petes sake :lol:

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've done that, it runs down the side of the container. And it's not a glass, it's a bowl, with tapered sides. I just need about a half cup of milk in the bowl for my oatmeal. Have you tried using one of these things? It's nearly impossible because the container isn't tapered, it's square.

Screw it, I'm going back to Food Lion.

6. harleygirl

See! Problem Solved!

OR!!! If you have any empty regular milk containers, pour your BJ's milk in it. We keep empty milk containers for when we go camping, we put water in them for Buddybutt. :mrgreen:

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I forget, do all apes have opposable thumbs?

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I would do that, but I'll wind up with half of it on the floor!

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Funnels are fairly inexpensive, and readily available at your local market.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Dude, I honestly believe that there is no way to pour it in to the funnel without having it run down the container.

A couple of others mentioned that they know what I'm talking about. Once it inst so full it's easier, but it really is a poor design for the consumer. Probably great for shipping and storage, and it fits nicely in to the fridge, I just don't like it's usability.

11. harleygirl

Well I give up then.

Good luck! :lol:

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Lol, you didn't think that was funny?

13. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I agree, I stopped buying them too. The problem really is only when it's full, after that it's much easier!

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Turkey baster? That should hold about 1/2 cup for your oatmeal, right? :mrgreen:

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

How about people stop buying all this bad milk. Why put up with the new container? Have you ever wondered why the milk stores for weeks. It has been ultra pasteurized.

Time to go back to local milk. Have you tasted the milk from Mapleview dairy? We get it from Smith's Nursery (who advertises on 4042.com) and it comes in a 1/2 gallon glass milk bottle. I betcha even an ape can pour that!

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

OK, as a daughter of a dairy farmer I was going to blast you for your first paragraph :jester: about not buying milk. HOWEVER, kudos to you after I kept reading. I agree, support your local dairy farmer!! :cheers:

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

That is exactly what we do! Keep the FL milk jugs and wash them out and refill them from the strange BJ's milk jugs. BJ's has such good prices on their dairy products, but I'm with y'all - I hate those square milk jugs.

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I just want to report that all of my griping paid off and they changed their containers. They still have the odd shaped jugs, but they have changed the opening. It now has this weird shaped spout thing that points in the wrong direction, but amazingly, IT WORKS! Not a drop spilled since Sunday!

Apparently all of you naysayers (ahem - Harley Girl, cough cough) were wrong. :jester:

19. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

I actually like the containers and we use without any trouble.

20. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member