A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I saw some coat racks that you hang on the wall at Lowes Hardware. I also saw some at the Craft Fair made from antique door panels that they had installed hooks onto and they looked very cool. I think I'm going to try to do something like that. :cheers:

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:hurray: I've been drowning in school work lately. I just finished a paper that counts as 20% of my grade and I actually have a muscle spasm because of the stress and sitting in front of my laptop... and I still have an exam to study for!

Back to work... *sigh*

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't have anywhere in this office that I can HANG anything on the walls. Pictures are already up and I've got BIG windows in front and on the side which I LOVE. I just need some old cruddy one that I can paint real quick and bring in. :lol: I haven't had the "pit bull" (mom) look for one yet, but if I put her on it we'll ALL have one by the end of the week. :lol::lol:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: Nice ones are hard to find!! Lowes "may" have had the stand alone kind too, right now my memory is shot though. I will be back in there in the next couple days and will look. :cheers:

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hsh/2737235243.html

check this one when you get home.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  7. harleygirl

COOL! Thank ya.

Firefly, my office is wide open up front, no doors. :cry:

Oooo! I get home before KC does :lol::lol:

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I've seen that done with old door knobs mounted on a door or a board. Very cute!! Lots of fun to look for that stuff when out and about! Looking around on CL, Harley is right that you could easily make a coat rack from hooks, a board base, and an old column or post. Both projects sound like fun! Think I found a way to spend some of my Christmas break! :cheers:

10. harleygirl

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:evil:

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Tight wad, cousin.

Sherry

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

if you want craft ideas - go to www.pinterest.com
    OMG - this is my new addiction, I have spent hours on there just looking at everything! :)

14. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Finally got a chance to catch up on my 40/42'ers...you guys are so funny and sometimes just what a person needs to get their mind off all the serious stuff!

I posted several days ago that things were at the critical point for my Daddy and we were down to having to make a very tough decision. Well, just wanted to let ya'll know that he passed away on his own on Sunday. I have been busy ever since trying to get down to GA, where I am now, and trying my best to make sure his wishes are carried out.

Ya'll would not believe the crap I have dealt with this week trying to get my step-siblings to do what is best for this man. But, now that my husband and I have taken care of all arrangements, they are all ready to get in line first for what they think they are getting out of it. I am so disgusted at this point I just want to do my best for him and once I place him with my Mom, where he wanted to be, I am done.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:grouphug: :grouphug:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all that. It sure does seem as though people's true colors come out at times like these. :grouphug:

17. elims

elims Well-Known Member

So true ...

I'm sorry for your loss, 2!

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree::grouphug::grouphug:

19. elims

elims Well-Known Member

That is a NEAT site, thanks for sharing it!!!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: