Basic Needs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mordorboy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if Basic Needs (corner of 42 and Cleveland School Rd) is still doing the food bank work?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I do not know but after Tuesday I am going to need the food bank. Next Wednesday is my last unemployment check and no lines yet on a CNA job. But I am still holding out hope

3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I am 99.999% sure they are not doing the food bank any longer.

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Hi Rocky,

There always seems to be a lot of ads for CNAs. What's the scoop? Are there just more CNAs than jobs?

I'm in the same situation but in a different field, so I was just curious.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

A couple of places I have my application in is a "Hurry up and wait", and with a lot of the hospitals they want you to have a years experience before they will even look at you. I have applied for about 8 different CNA jobs just at UNC Rex and three other CNA jobs at JMH. What ticks me off is that while doing clinicals at JMH a lot of the nurses and CNA's would tell us they need the help and there are job openings and to apply but when you go to apply they want 12 months experience. I am finding that in the CNA field is much like the computer field I left. It's not always what you know it's who you know, to get a foot in the door.

Now that my final's are over I can also concentrate on filling out applications. I picked one up the other day for the Brian Center but I have been busy studying. So today I am going to be filling it out and bringing it back over to them this afternoon. But again its going to be a "hurry up and wait".

I am thinking of putting in for a part time job at a new cyber cafe on Brightleaf. just to have some positive cash flow. Got to do what you have to do to survive. Up side is I know computers, down side is I have never worked in the food industry.

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

No, they had to close the food bank a few months ago :(

7. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I have found a church in Clayton that runs a soup program and they said they would take them from me.

8. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's the same in every field then <sigh> Good luck to you!