"Body Piercing Saved My Life"

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Apr 17, 2007.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing these decals on vehicles indicating "Body Piercing Saved My Life". I am a Christian and I know that Jesus died on the cross so that I may have everlasting life. However I have never been able to get to the point of saying "body piercing" saved my life. Jesus died to save my life.
    The book entitled "Body Piercing Saved My Life" was written by Andrew Beauzon. He is not a Christian. In fact I believe the book is about the "Inside the Phenomenon of Christian Rock".
    Until recently I thought the vehicle decals indicating "Body Piercing Saved My Life" was to indicate the owner of the vehicle had subjected their body to "body piercing" and justified all this body piercing as being oK because of Jesus being nailed to the cross. Maybe the individuals inside these vehicles really do not have any body piercing!
    Can someone explain this to me?

2. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Body piercing means the fact that Jesus's body was "pierced" as in the nails in His feet and hands. The nails "pierced" Him and he died for us. His death saved us!!! Isn't it wonderful!!!!!:) :) :)

3. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I had that on my rear car windows for 5 years. They finally wore off. I felt it was about the nails being pierced in him & his death upon the cross. However, over the years it was very amusing to see reactions from people & when they would ask me how much I charge. the older folks had the most remarkable expressions. I took the decals off & have not put new ones back up. I bought them years ago at Source of Truth.

It was also a way to speak of Jesus when people were not informed

4. Strawbaleman

Strawbaleman Well-Known Member

I love meeting folks with body piercings because it's a great time to share the gospel. Not that everyone with piercings aren't Christians, it's just the ones I have met/talked with are not Christians because they said they weren't. I ask.

As part of my job as an LEO I meet alot of folks during my shift for various reasons and at the end of our conversation, if the individual(s) have piercings, I'll bring up how body piercing changed my life.

Almost 100% of the time that phrase gets their undivided attention and they will ask, How?

I say, "Well, about 2000 years ago some Roman soldiers took this innocent man and nailed him to a cross and I haven't been the same since!"

And then I go from there, and end up asking if they know Jesus as their Lord and personal Savior.

You can't always count on a personal profession of faith, but at least I can plant that seed for someone else to water.

The seed may fall on hard ground, but I've been obedient and not squandered an opportunity to share the Good News that we serve a Risen Savior with someone. I'll probably never see that person again, so I want to make good use of the little time I have with them.

So, the "body piercing saved my life" phrase is another way to connect with someone in a short amount of time, especially with someone you don't know.

And, like anything else, the more you use something, the more comfortable you get with it.

This post ran a little longer than I intended. Sorry.

KR

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Explanation on why I posted will follow, but are you sure Christianity had anything to do with it. I thought there needed to be a link between this thread and the piercing thread that made Johnston County famous! :cheers:

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=31216&highlight=Piercing

Why the hell did I bring back a 2007 thread? Good question and I have a crappy answer. It will be another hour before I can catch the Red Eye out of Salt Lake City and I think I already looked at every other page that exists on the internet this evening! Got curious as to why a "Guest" was looking at this page and realized a link was needed! :twisted:

That and I got tired of ****ing people off by talking about my "Holiday Tree"! :twisted:

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Want me to act like stinger or wulfie for a little while?

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Go for it, actually when I am not trying to raise blood pressure, I still call it a Christmas Tree. 8)

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

In my best wulfie voice...... Anyone that calls it a Holiday tree is an ignorant liberal that is not capable of any good thoughts. Check this long boring video to see my point. There is a message in there somewhere.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In my best War on Christmas voice - The yule tree was aquired by Christians

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I had to explain "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" to my eldest today.

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Interesting Article about the origins of Christmas,Christmas tree etc.,etc.
    http://hope-of-israel.org.nz/cmas1.htm