Local family lost everything in a fire

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MamaApe, Dec 11, 2011.

1. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Family lost everything in a fire (including Christmas) & we are trying to help. Current furniture needs are
    Kitchen table, washer/dryer, twin beds & linens, any other household items are greatly appreciated! We can pick up or u can drop off at 134 S Pleasant Coates Rd. Benson, NC 27504

Call Tammy 919-792-7302

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Is this the family with kids from WJHS?

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yes, and today is the daughters birthday.

Mini Me was over there yesterday helping, and we put a birthday bag together for her to take to school today.

Such a sad, sad situation...

4. JustAnotherMom

:cry: Ugh... yes it is :cry:

I saw your mini me today in the office

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

April - do they still need the twin bed? I totally forgot about it!!

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Anybody that wants to help that has clothing or household items to donate in the 42/50 area, I will be glad to pick them up if that is helpful. OR you can PM me and I will tell you where you can drop items off.

Kids in the family are 17(M), 16(M), and 13(F). They need anything you can give.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kell, not that it makes a huge difference, but she just turned 14.

As a side note, if you've got stuff lying around you were saving for a spring yard sale, this is such a worthy cause to donate to. This family was DONE Christmas shopping, they've lost absolutely everything they owned. Can you even imagine? Please consider putting some things together for them.

**And you can also drop off items at my house if you'd like (for those of you who are closer to the Cleveland School/Shiloh intersection**

8. JustAnotherMom

This is what I have gotten on sizes so far

Eldest son shoe size 11.5 or 12, both boys are MEDIUM (mens) for shirts, and his sister is a SMALL (juniors). As I get more sizes I'll pass them on. I know some parents are getting together and getting towels and washcloths for the family. I am home most all day, same area as Jennifer if anybody wants to drop off for them, just pm me.

9. Do they need a queen bed? If so I have a pillowtop queen mattress and box springs that they can have! If someone could pick it up and take it to them I would love to help!