Breaking News - JoCo Sheriff's Dept. Terminates Five Employees

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

WRAL is reporting:

The Johnston County Sheriff's Office has terminated five employees following a two-week internal investigation into inappropriate texting on their personal phones .

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Personal phones?:confused:

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

As long as it was legal texting on PERSONAL phones between consenting adults, I don't see the gist.

Seems like Big Brother is looming large. If the texting violated a properly promulgated and vetted regualtion or law, that's one thing. If it's because it ran against someone's personal sensitivities, that's entirely a different manner.

If the High Sheriff expects to hold the department to that high a moral standard, then perhaps he should set it first, including sensitivity to people of other races and economic status.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

unless it was done while they were supposed to be working . . .

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would prefer that he have a High Moral Standard across the board, instead of picking and choosing. Treating all residents equally regardless of race seems more important than employees sending photos of their naughty bits to others on their phones.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ah you forget, he maligned a complete race, not an "illegal", or is that a separate race???

9. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

11. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Dang, I know this guy.
    His M&D were buddies with my parents a million years ago... (back when we both were very little kids.)
    Shocking....