SNOOPYS 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCMAN919, Dec 13, 2011.

1. NCMAN919

NCMAN919 Active Member

I was there last night took my family, was not impressed,
    The hot dogs are medicore and burgers are just not worth the six dollars. Just my opioin,

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

3. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I guess it's like spelling and grammar....sometimes it just doesn't cut the mus-My Friend. :lol:

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

thanks sherry

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Mus-My Friend goes on Hot Dogs. Just my opioin.

6. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We have been there once!! We thought the prices were high for the quality! I don't know how they have stayed open. JMHO

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I don't like mus-My Friend. Just my opinion.

:)

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Hot dogs in Johnston County! Jones Lunch and The Grocery Bag. Don't need to go anywhere else. It don't get any better.

9. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

Hot dogs in Johnston County! Jones Lunch and The Grocery Bag. Don't need to go anywhere else. It don't get any better,

I have always wonder about Jones Lunch,Is it really that good?I might have check it out,Do they do Breakfast too?

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

People say so. I went once - cold burger, cold fries on a Styrofoam plate. That was enough for me. I didn't get the novelty.

11. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I've been in a couple of times-"novelty" is an apt description. I doubt they'll ever be famous for their food, but it's kinda cool anyway. For a few bucks you get a trip back to 1965...but you get to come back!

BTW, where's The Grocery Bag?

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Commonly known as The Percy Flowers Store

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The gas station/grill on Barbour Mill Rd. has good hot dogs too!

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yes.

There ya go. You didn't order the hot dogs, so you don't understand.

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Hot dogs are the order of the day at Jones'. The reason the hamburger was cold is that they cook one at 6 o' clock and wait for somebody to order it. :lol:

But seriously, hot dogs are what they're known for, and their breakfast is pretty good, too. I try not to stray too far from those. And FYI - Hot dogs for breakfast are THE BOMB!!!!

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Fair enough. If I ever return to Jones I'll try the hot dogs, but with the exception of the Roast Grill in downtown Raleigh, I don't see myself sitting down in a restaurant and ordering a hot dog. I might order one at a pick up counter (The Grocery Bag) once or twice a year, but that's about it.

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

In all fairness, part of the charm of Jones' IS the sitting down and eating a hot dog, and seeing who else is there and "catchin' up". It's a place to see and be seen, a gathering place for old-timers and new-comers alike. It's where you go for lunch when you come back to town after moving away. It's where the locals gather for breakfast (or just a cup of coffee) and solve the problems of the world. It's where high school kids congregate when they get out of school early. And JUST TRY to get a seat at lunch when it snows!!! It's the antidote to cabin fever, even if you've only been "couped-up" for a few hours!
    The hot dogs are good, but there is MUCH MORE to Jones' Lunch than just "the dogs". If you order them "to go", you're missing half the "flavor".

SO, DCHYDIINY, hit me up with a PM sometime, and I'll treat you to lunch. Not only will you walk away with a free lunch and a new friend, but I'll bet you'll leave with a new found appreciation of the home-town institution that is Jones' Lunch.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself.

19. Grinder

Word.

20. Grinder

Jones' is just one of those places you have to go to experience it. Much like Char-Grill on Hillsborough Street. There are other locations and even a few sit down spots (like White Oak) but you go to the Grill late at night when most other places are closed and get the best burger in the world. Place your order, stand (yes stand, cant go sit back in your car - even if its freezing outside) and watch them make your burger.

Same thing with Krispy Kreme. The only approved time to go to KK is at night when the Hot Ones Now light is on. Any other time and its not the same.

Circus "restaurant" for a milkshake.

Just to name a few places.