SNOOPYS 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCMAN919, Dec 13, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think I teared up a little. :mrgreen: We've lived here since 01 and I've never been, gonna have to change that. :cheers:

2. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Really the one way out there on 42 east of Clayton? We need something closer to 40/42. I like cricket's in Smithfield as well

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too, been here since 2000 & never been, where exactly is it?

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Main street in Clayton...... Parking can be a bear

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Good reviews - heck, I even have some bogo's for that place.....

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Ok, but you can't have my free lunch or my new friend!!!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No worries, he's already a friend. :jester:

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Having just finished eating a couple of dogs, fries, and large sweet tea I have to give this a huge +1

But then again I'm a local who grew up eating Jones' dogs.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

What I've found is that no matter where you go or who you talk to, every where has these types of places that for the most part non-locals just don't understand.

One of the best things we (me and my highschool buddies) ever did was on Friday nights we would ride to Crabtree just to get a Hector's steak and cheese sub.....this as back in the day when they were located down stairs just inside the entrance on the left.

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I remember Mr. Dunderbak's in Crabtree, on the bottom floor back in the day. That was our reason to go out there.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've never been to Jones' either. Percy flowers does serve up a good hot dog now. Mmmm!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sounds like a road trip for 4042 girls:lol:

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Mmm, Jones' is Great! So is Cricket's in Smithfield...

Yum Yum...

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Same here! Can't beat a German hot dog,the original one after all ;)
    http://www.hot-dog.org/ht/d/sp/i/38594/pid/38594

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We took my mom there on her first trip down here... it was just for entertainment mostly...LOL
    I did think I was going to have to have Jones for lunch today also...but then I remembered I had brought last nights leftovers from TerraFin.

:jester:

16. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

Have any of you had a hotdog from the gas station on Rock Service Station Rd & Old Stage? I heard they were good but I haven't made my way out there yet.

I only buy Snoopys on .99 cent days

Roast Grill is overated and 2.50 for a hotdog is too much. They are ok but not worth 2.50

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Parking available in the rear of the building. There's a back door, but I prefer to go in the front, and out the back. But that's just me.

18. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

mmmm hector's and dunderbak's. see, i grew up in raleigh, so these are my joints. don't forget schiano's pizza that used to be downstairs next to hector's.

dunderbak's = beers, german potato salad, and the only place left you could smoke in the mall.

hector's skewers are actually their signature, beef and chicken. homemade cucumber sauce on the gyros, and the best falafel i've ever tasted. still owned by the same guy, walid sadak (he's lebanese, btw), whose father started the joint...

19. NCMAN919

NCMAN919 Active Member

Since we were dissapointed with Snoopys
    Spent way too much.
    I saw the Marathon gas station with a grill, has the brightleaf hot dogs with whatever you want on them for 2 for $1.00 , its the one near the new wal mart on HWY 401
    Seems like a good deal

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You guys remember Scotty's that used to be at Crabtree? They had pretty good hot dogs too.