Where to buy live Christmas tree?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pbarefoot, Nov 22, 2011.

1. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

Funny you mention the farm in Coats because I decided a few days ago that I was going to buy my tree there. I did some research and they have a little store selling items and offer hay rides. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

Thanks to all for offering suggestions!

2. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

What price range are the live trees that you actually choose at the farm before they are cut down?

3. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

I have no idea how much they cost. Someone said $35.00 but that seems low to me.

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am really thinking about going back to a live tree next year, i have enjoyed my big prelit artificial tree but after 8 years the lights are starting to go out on a few of the branches and it is such a pain to go through the branches to replace the bulbs. This year i am just adding more white lights along with all the blue and multi colored lights to compensate for the branches out. i just do not want to pay full retail for a new tree, i lucked into the one i have so if anyone wants a cheap really full commercial pre-lit artifical tree and has the patience to go through the lights, i will probably be selling it cheap after Christmas

6. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Holly Jolly Christmas trees on vinson rd, Clayton.

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If anyone's going there, there's a $5 coupon in today's Garner-Cleveland Record.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Didn't get a close look but saw that Stephenson's Farm House (across the street from Stephenson's Nursery) on 50 has Christmas trees for sale.

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We went here last year. It's not exactly local, but we had a lot of fun. The kids all asked to do it again this year. We didn't, but very likely will next year.

http://www.greenetreefarm.com/

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thank you! We had been going to Boone almost every year for the last 5-6 years, going to different farms in the area, but I have not been to this place! My hope is that we can go next year and I will definitely check them out!!:cheers: