Taking donations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by RCARP, Dec 15, 2011.

1. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

I know times are tough right now and everyone has been reaching out to family's in need this time of year. But I have a request, family members of a friend of mine lost their house in a fire. The lost everything. They are in great need of clothing. If your closet is in need of cleaning and you have gently used clothes in the following sizes they would be greatly appreciated.

Womens:
    3x shirt
    24W pants
    12 w tennis shoes

Boys:
    8 shirt
    8 pants
    3 shoes

Mens:
    36X32 pants
    shoes 10.5

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I may be able to help you out with the men's and boys things. Let me look through DH's and DS's closet tonight.

That's terrible right here at the holidays. :?

My mother lost everything in a fire a few years ago, including most of our childhood mementos and pictures. I feel for them.

3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Thank you. Fires are so devastating. I can't imagine losing everything like that.

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I look through my boys' clothes as I have 2 in that size. However, I had just gone through them. I'll let you know for sure though if I come up w/ anything. So sorry for their loss.

Take care,

Stephanie-- mom to 10

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Can probably help with women's clothing and possibly boy's...will look throught closets and get back to you.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, I struck out on pants, but I do have a pair of men's shoes in that size that are nearly new. I have some men's shirts in size XL and I have some boys shirts size med.

I will bring them to work with me tomorrow. PM me if you want them.

Thanks

7. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, sent you a pm

8. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Went through everything today. Sorry I can't help. Hoping others will have some items for you. Wish I could be of more help.

take care,

stephanie-- mom to 10

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I may have some boys 8 jeans. Let me check.

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I just looked. They are 14H and 16/16H. Waiting (hoping) for my little one to grow.

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

R- I'll text you later. I may have some clothes.

12. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Didn't have as many women's clothes as I thought, but you are welcome to what I have. Found a pair or two of men's 36x32 pants, but several pair of 36x34 if they want to mess with altering them. Still looking...let me know if you still need clothing or want what I have.
    Also, what about household items, curtains, etc.? I have some extra items of that nature as well.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  13. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking!

14. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Thank you! I think that even the 36X34 pants will be fine. Someone can get them altered if needed. Sent you a pm with my number so I can figure out how to get them. Any of women's clothes will be great as well!! I will have to check on household items, but i am sure anything can be used, they literally got out with the clothes on their backs, everything else was a complete loss

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have 36x32 pants that we can donate and probably some men's shirts as well, if needed. Let me know how you want to handle pick up.

16. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

that would be great. I can meet you anywhere at 40/42 or close to the old DR Wells store or even come to you. What ever works best for you, just let me know.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Found some size 8/10 boy's stuff too for the parents to go through! See you soon!!