phone scam

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I was laying in bed with the dogs and my phone rings. I pick it up and said hello. On comes an automated voice saying my credit cards are ok but they need me to call them. I immediately hung up. I don't have any credit cards. I go into my office to check the number that had just called and in the place where the name would be it says PHONE SCAM and the number listed is 567-248-4400. I figure I would give you all a heads up in case its running 919-949-0000 numbers on the robodial.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

We got that call tonight as well. We didn't answer it when the caller ID said PHONE SCAM..

3. Rockyv58

Unfortunately my bedroom phone doesn't have caller ID and I didn't have my glasses on until I went into my office.

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Got the same call on my cell phone around 6pm last night! Needless to say I didn't return the call.

5. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Got the same call on my cell phone and my home phone! On cell phone it showed a California call and another one showed a Nevada call. Thought it might be someone I knew and got the automated voice and hung up! Wish I knew how we could stop these calls! Any ideas??

6. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I get them on my cell phone all the time and I keep putting my number on the do not call list, but that does not seem to stop them :evil:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've had a supposed "collection agency" calling mine. Googled the number and it's also a known scam number. I've never answered it, they can sit and spin, I have nothing in collections. Idiots.

When I get time, I'm going to sit down and figure out how to block the number.

8. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I got a call from them yesterday, too. Had to laugh when I saw the Caller ID said "Phone Scam". At least they're honest about it! :D

9. Rockyv58

I never knew they would call cell phones. For some reason I thought cell phones were off limits or something

10. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

The call that came in on the land-line showed "Phone Scam" -- all I can say is "brilliant"!!~

11. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

I got the same phone at 6:20 last night,It come up on my phone caller ID as Phone scam.People dont have any thing to do with there time..

12. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

Cell Phone Do Not Call List

FYI: Here is the link for you to list your cell phone on the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

13. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I got 'the call' except my Caller ID read: V12171005510002

Never seen anything like that pop up on the caller ID!

14. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Fraudsters do not abide by the do-not-call registry. Since many of them could be calling from out of the country, what penalty is there for calling someone on the do-not-call registry?