White Oak Shopping Center

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 12, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Need a Total Wine or World of Beer, or Meat House.

http://www.totalwine.com/

http://wobusa.com/

http://www.themeathouse.com/Home.aspx

Of Course I'd also be open for a second location for The Flying Saucer at White Oak.

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: Love Total Wine! Tons cheaper than the grocery store!

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I know the enginer who does all the site plans for core properties up there, to get site approvals from Garner. there is nothing being planned at all right now, beyond what is there right now.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:(

Is it because of the economy or is it they just haven't planned this far in advance?

6. markfnc

the economy. once the developer sees things improving, they will start planning.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

there was a total wine there when it first opened, over by Buffalo Wild Wings - it didn't last long, but I think it might do better now that the shopping center is better known.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Except for Best Buy and Buffalo Wild Wings, there isn't a store front big enough to be a Total Wine in that goup of stores.

9. bandmom

Yep, it wasn't very big, it was there where either the nail or the hair salon is.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Went to White Oak this morning to buy some jeans at Kohls.Checked out the two stores that replaced Linen&Things,Five Below seems to be just another Dollar Store and the one next door I could have done without as well,I can think of quite a few other stores that would have been better choices. We went to Home Goods last Sunday,I wish there was still one at White Oak! A Trader Joe's would have been nice too at White Oak. Can't understand why they haven't build stores like that around here,it's not like people wouldn't go there to shop,they already do,just not around here but in Raleigh/Cary.

11. bandmom

I agree about Home Goods - love that store! I heard they closed the one there because there were too many returns..... really??? :confused: :banghead:

12. AnnetteL

Well,that's a good excuse :ack:

13. markfnc

if you search for the demographics of the White Oak area, 5 mi, 10 mi etc, number of people avg salary etc none of those stores talked about would come here. compare that to Briar Creek, and the one in Apex. Garner had to subsidize a lot just to get the one that are here to come.

14. AnnetteL

Instead a lot of the folks that live in Johnston County probably drive to Raleigh and Cary to spend their money,I think that the money is here it's just not being spend here.Instead of consulting the demographics maybe they should consider doing a survey of which stores people would like to see and shop at,once here I'm sure that folks would go there instead of driving to Raleigh or Cary.

15. markfnc

16. markfnc

If a store could /would make money at that locations (White oak) with the people driving past to another location (Raleigh) , they would build it.

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I despise Best Buy. :ack: I used to like going to Circuit City and have never really found another store since they closed that I cared for so much. Can't remember the last time I went to Sears and I am not surprised that some of their stores (and KMart) are closing. HH Gregg is okay, but I guess I will have to stick to online shopping. Now, if Amazon goes out of business, I may be in trouble!! So, what would be a good replacement at White Oak for Best Buy? Decent size store...maybe something good will come there...eventually!

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Excellent discussion about the changing market place. Big Box stores just don't seem to get it, that it's all about customer service. The 2nd article seems to confirm the theme of the first. If a company provided excellent customer service (as Amazon does), people would beat a path to the door. Yet, if a company chooses not to recognize and operate with this in mind, or else is incapable of comprehending that it's the customer that drives the train, then they blame the retail environment on Congress or other competitors taking what the Big Boxes see as unfair.

In my mind, the debacle that Best Buy and Target had over holiday orders that they still can't fill (I know this because I ordered an item December 10th online through Target that they advised a delay in fulfilling anticipating a 12-29 delivery, and this week! the 2nd notice with delivery not anticipated before January 21st, yet they had plenty of the same items at the retail stores.)

If retailers can't manage their total inventory any better, I'll shop elsewhere. I did, and got the item I wanted to give without any worries, better customer service, and peace of mind.

No more Target or Best Buy for me.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

'the other store' which is ULTA (next to Five Below), is the best thing that's come to White Oak since it was built. Couldn't have picked a better place to be here. I no longer have to go to Crabtree or Cary ULTA to get my Bare Minerals stuff. PLUS, they have the best coupons, rewards programs and selection of salon shampoo's.

Get rid of Rack Room or Payless and put in a Home Goods. I am all for that. Trader Joe's would also be an excellent choice. But it's the STORES that decide where they want to be....write them.

20. AnnetteL

Just called Trader Joe's Corporate Office,there will be no Trader Joe's coming to our immediate area,also called Whole Foods and left a message,however I don't have high hopes ;-)