A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Having a mini-breakdown thinking about how soon my kids will be grown and gone. There was a time when I thought that day was eons away and now it is almost here. :-(

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

:cheers:

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thank you PRM!!! I appreciate the words of wisdom and the encouragement. Merry Christmas to you too!! :grouphug:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

What he said and with 3 grown, i am living proof too:cheers:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can sympathize, except last night it was thinking about paying for college in a few years. :ack:

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

While I don't have kids, I agree to the sentiment! I appreciated my parents SO much more after I was "grown up" (am I? grown up? ha! ) .. we became better friends, I learned to be a better daughter, I really saw them more as the people they are not just the parents/authority figures ruling my life that I thought they were when I was younger.

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yeah, that is not going to be much fun, especially with two kids only a year apart in school!! However, I think paying for cars, new driver insurance, and braces (x2) has been good training for living on less.

Okay, I might be changing my mind a little about them getting out on their own! :jester:

Thanks kaci and elims!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

this day is lasting forever.............

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

It seems like there are a million things to do the week before Christmas. I love the excitement but it does stress me out too! I wish everyone here on 4042 a very Merry Christmas!

10. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I can relate. My step-daughter is married now and lives in Hawaii. She is home for a few weeks and I cherish every minute I get with her. I don't want to think about her leaving again. :(

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

<----feeling the urge to have some Sushi for lunch today.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

No sushi but great lunch with good friends, so good to talk, work is so boring, nice to have people to talk to:cheers:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And..............now I need a NAP!!

Nice to see you ladies! :cheers:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wore ya out did i? Work is killing me, i need people to talk to so when i get around people the mouth just won't shut up:lol:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LMAO!!! It was that huge burger I couldn't finish that is making me sleepy!! :jester: I think we were all yapping pretty good!

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

no sushi for me today.

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

STAY AWAY FROM WHITE OAK AND 4042 AREA.

GOOD GRIEF! IT'S CRAZY.

18. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

:cheers: Thanks for the invite. I really enjoyed catching up with you and Dawn!!

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I was at White Oak yesterday from 11-3 and the stores were not too crowded, but getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare! Poor design!!!

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Guess who finally got the Keurig that she's been drooling over for 6 months? Oh yeah, this girl did! Thank you mama and daddy for the birthday gift!!!