Does Santa Exist?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Nov 26, 2011.

?

Does Santa Claus Exist

Poll closed Dec 26, 2011.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As I was going to sleep last night, there was a really interesting show on the origins of the modern "Santa Claus" on History Channel. I think some folks may wanna check it out. 8)

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I don't and Clif might also not have the History Channel, could you share.

Better yet will Santa cover my cable bills, and I might be able to catch it. :mrgreen:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Here is a pretty good synopsis of the show last night.

http://www.history.com/topics/santa-claus

:cheers:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks, that was really interesting, gonna have to see if we can catch it on History Channel:cheers:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same to you! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!:hurray:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's actually pretty cool. We have "Santa" at my house, always have and always will, it's just part of the tradition for me and my family.

Merry Christmas everybody! :grouphug:

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Perhaps you should let him go. He has lots of work to do in a few days. ;)

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I like Santa .. I like the magic of Christmas, and gift giving, and doing good deeds ... I love doing things anonymously in the 'spirit of the season' ... but I have to vote no as for a physical manifestation of Santa at the North Pole making toys. Where are these toys? Who gets them? If you don't, are you bad? I believe in the magical santa, not the physical I guess.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree with all of this. :cheers:

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Great! Now I have to go re-do my makeup! And...I'm so stealing this. :jester:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:, love it Mafiaman

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:grouphug: And now I'm bawling like a baby for the second time today!

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

from wral's FB page:

Did you know that NC State Engineering faculty paid a visit to the North Pole to study the science of Santa? Tonight at 5:30, Brian Shrader explains mysteries like how Santa knows what gifts to make and how he completes his round-the-world trip.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's just Lame Stream Media! Damn Liberals just make it all up, now if FOX news covers this I will know it is all true!

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Now -THAT- is Santa Claus!! :hurray:

:grouphug:

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Both links show that Fox News (and Fox Business) recognize Santa Claus. Isn't Fox News "Fair and Balanced"? Don't they report the truth?

But, if you want a link so specific as to only that Fox News covering an NC State expedition to the North Pole to study the science of Santa, I'm afraid that would be impossible. But then you're counting on that as proof that Santa Claus doesn't exist, aren't you?

But even if I did, you'd just find something else to justify your skepticism.