TV thread got me thinking...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ginger1989, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Where can I recycle our old electronic "stuff"? We have phones, tvs, monitors, printers, laptops. Don't want to put them in the trash and don't know if anything is salvageable. Any ideas?

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I pass that and was wondering what that little sign meant. Though it would be nice to have our own version of craigslist here. Not just tons of empty boxes, broken lawn mowers\dish washers...etc. But when you go to upgrade your TV, fridge, washer, etc and the items you are getting rid of still work fine.

I hate when I go to email someone off craigslist and don't even get a response. Or I find something I could use and its out in Northern Durham county, or up in Franklin county. Those places even with an income are just too far for me to want to travel for something free.

4. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Have you used this service before?

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have and they came right out and picked up several machines from where I work to recycle. Nice folks.

6. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

You can take them to the recycling center down Stephenson rd. off hwy 50 near McGee's crossroads.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

8. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  9. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks! I will try that place. I know the printers at least are usable, maybe some of the monitors. If someone can make them work for someone else-GREAT!

10. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

There is also Gazelle.com