Steven Hawking does not understand women

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Jan 6, 2012.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Amazing...

The interviewer spent time with the one person who is, arguably, the most intelligent person on the planet and comes away with, "He doesn't understand women."

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

As usual we have different ways to measure intelligence....... What has he proven other than a bunch of theories that a lot of them have been proven wrong

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Who does?

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I measure intelligence by how well one can understand and apply knowledge and skills. How do you measure it?

A lot of them? I only know of one (a bet he lost after he realized and admitted his mistake). Other than that one (the (incorrect) belief that information is destroyed in Black Holes), what else has he proven that were later proven wrong?

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

This will be like motion for you....... I am sure this discussion will be a brick wall

You can't prove a theory with a theory..... The one that solidified my convictions about that guy was when he said there was no God. IMO he is a hack and not a very good one

Many people know he was wrong about that......Read this article

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Provided by you. You asked a question which I answered, I responded with a question which you ignored (obviously unable to answer).

Strictly speaking, as far as I know, he did not specifically state there was no God, just that (in his opinion) God was not needed to create the Universe (he wrote this in his book, "The Grand Design"). It was the atheists who read into that that Dr. Hawking claimed there was no God.

For full disclosure, he is on record as saying he does not believe in a personal God. But that is neither here nor there.

In his first (public) book, "A Brief History of Time", Dr. Hawking wrote, "If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason — for then we should know the mind of God."

If he claims that it is possible to know the mind of God, then he must, ergo, believe in God.

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Oh, and for the record, I agree with (most of) the article you provided.

9. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

This is not debate club. There are no rules! Take it however you want.......

You think Hawking is intelligent.... I think he is a hack

Our two statements and $5.00 may get you a coffee at Starbucks.....

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Whatever.

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing.

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

"No one could possibly understand women"

Fixed the title

13. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

except you forgot...... except Cliffie

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I AM one, and I sure don't!!

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Understanding women is easy.

All you have to do is listen.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

LOL....

17. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Any being that bleeds for 5 days, and doesn't die, can not be understood.:lol::jester::lol:

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

+1