Opposition to Apartments on Old Drug Store Rd., Johnston County NC Case 10-12

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dontbah8r, Jan 5, 2012.

1. dontbah8r

dontbah8r Member

:banghead:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Do you even know how many apartments are going in there?

Let me ask you. Adams Point Subdivision. Do you know how many lots have been approved to be built in there? No? Ok do you know how many lots have been developed yet? No?

So let me ask you. Lets say there are going to be 50 apartments in there. You wish to protest. Thats your right.

What are you going to do when the other 350+ lots get developed in Adams Point? Cant protest that one now can you? It's said and done.

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I agree! Can't stop progress, and you apparently were part of the progress, and progress will continue to happen. Sell while you can get out, before the apartments come???

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

the ship to protest development around 40/42 sailed along time ago.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

As the others have said, unless you were born here (which i doubt) then you moved down here and into the area and helped create the exact problem you are trying to stop. So its ok for you to move in and add to the masses, but no one else. Not in your back yard, right?

You sir, are a hypocrite.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree:
    You said exactly what I have been thinking, but in a much nicer way. :twisted:

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I thought the "sir" was a nice touch. ;)

8. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I agree also

9. QFMom

QFMom Guest

This is NOTHING more than PURE SNOBBERY! It's okay for them to put apartments at other "approved" sites (which btw ALSO "overcrowd" the community and WVES), as long as it's not in YOUR backyard. Moving into a fancy location cannot change who you are (which really sucks for most of you AND the people in your general area), as most of you moved from nothing more than an apartment or a cookie cutter home in the same area. Many of you CLAIM Christianity (remember the whole "love your neighbor" command?) but feel that only applies to you as long as you get to choose who your neighbors are. If you don't like what's developing around you, MOVE. Most of you aren't from around here anyway, and we would ALL be happy to see you hypocrites go.

10. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

epic first post after 2.5 years

signed,

a north raleigh interloper who used to think clayton was half way to the beach ;)

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The only thing you missed was "Bless your heart". :lol:

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

And it passed.