Cleveland Pizza - New Owners - Good Stuff

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Aug 9, 2011.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

West View Spirit night is there Tuesday. Do they have much seating?

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

"has anyone been to this place lately?"

I've had it with the chains and none of the locals so far (most recently, Three Olives- too much attitude, too much $$$, and ehhh...product).

Any suggestions welcome...

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have pretty much stopped getting pizza from any of the chains or local places. Instead, we buy the Take and Bake pizzas from Food Lion. Usually we get the Four Cheese pizza and then put our own toppings on it, like extra cheese, or thawed, drained frozen spinach and cut up grilled chicken. You can't beat the price and it's a huge 16" pizza! Love the taste of the crust-not a thin thewy NY style but for the money it's really good. Much better than the ones from Walmart or the other stores. They are kept in the freezer section usually not where the other frozen pizzas are.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Rays? They have good pizza and service. They also have a really great Antipasto Salad compared to anything else you find in the area.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

they still suck, agree on Rays being good, La piazza is also decent

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

the review was dated 12/2011, the one previous to that was posted by the new owners asking people to come give them a try.

therefore I was wondering if anyone from here had been lately.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Tried them about a month ago and wasn't pleased, also Ray's isn't my favorite. We've stopped ordering out for pizza & I get the chepo from LF or FL & dr it up with olive oil & seasonings. Mine's MUCH better. LOL

8. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

To me, Rays is basically Dominoes in a different box. The only good pizza I've had in the past couple years was Primavera, over in White Oak. Marco's used to be pretty good, but something has changed and it's not that great anymore either.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i make my own which my husband and sons swear by but as for takeout, La Piazza has everyone else beat in my opinion and the fact that you can create your own pizza with whatever you want totally keeps them in first place.

10. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Slice of Life in Wilmington.....yummmmm :cheers:

11. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

Agree with most of the opinions on pizza. I've been driving to Wake County--specifically 1010 and Kildaire farm Rd ro Fuhgeddaboutit Pizza exclusively. I'm pretty serious about my pizza and this is the best I've had. New York style thin and scicillian crust also available.

2nd place still goes to Franks on New bern ave.

JMHO

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i actually worked in that complex for 3 years and DH loved the Fuhgeddaboutit Pizza and was bummed when i transfered back closer to home but after the first one i brought home from LaPiazza, he was happy, said they were just as good.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

That's what we ended up doing - had a frozen BBQ Chicken pizza in the freezer, added some pepperoni - had a crispy crust - it was yummy! and a lot cheaper :cheers:

14. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

Agree Ray's is not the best, will not go there anymore, just a waste of money. Mellow Mushroom in Raleigh is good, Michaelangelo's in Wilmington is good too.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Another one to give a thumbs up to, IMNSHO, is Mulberry on Main. I think they have a really good pizza.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I have heard of other people saying they liked that place, but to me the box tastes better and has more substance than the pizza.

I like Buffalo Brothers on Capital Blvd, Mello Mushroom and I actually even like Veneros. But the best pizza I've had around here is Lilly's at Five Points in Raleigh.

Tommy's Pizza in Gettysburg PA, Jerlando’s in Watkins Glen NY and Ultimate California Pizza in Myrtle Beach are my favorite elsewhere.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  17. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Andy's Pizza (1302 East Millbrook Road # 1, Raleigh, NC 27609
    (919) 872-6797) is very good

18. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second Lilly's. We like 3 Olive's too.

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I love their perfect pizza and the kids like the bbq chicken pizza. Their wings are good too! My favorite pizza in JoCo is Nik's in Kenly. Their house special is excellent.

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We like RAYS!

Ray's is the only place from which we we order delivery pizza. Always fresh, excellent value. Haven't ordered from franchises in years. Will go by Cleveland this week and try them.