NEXEN TIRES??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 11, 2012.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Anyone have them, do you like them etc... Any input is greatly appreciated.

I need tires BAD & I'm going up a size to 235/75/15 (for a more rugged look) so I've narrowed down the choices to Nexen & Good Year, the difference as far as cost is $10 TOTAL not per tire.

Any suggestions, rants, raves etc...

TIA :grouphug:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well sell a crap load of them, but that's all I got! :cheers:

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I didn't know you could make a 2WD look rugged 8)

j/k
    :jester:

4. harleygirl

:lol: HUSH!

NEXT IS A LIGHT BAR ON THE FRONT, B/C THE LIGHTS ON MY TRUCK SUCK ***. :banghead:

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we have them on 2 vehicles...never had a problem....and we drive the $hit outta our cars. :mrgreen:

Call Supreme Lube and Tires to get THEE best prices, that's where we got ours and they were A LOT cheaper than anywhere else. 207-0085

(corner of 50 and Mt.Pleasant Rd. across from Don Lee's store)

6. harleygirl

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!

$530.25 from one place here in Four Oaks
    $390.40 @ Supreme Tune & Lube
    ----------
    $139.85 DIFFERENCE??? That's at least 2 prs of SHOES. LOL

THANK YOU KB!!!! :grouphug: <muah>

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:

One pair for me, one pair for you! :cheers:
    I would not steer you wrong my friend....evva!! :grouphug:

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

going up a size in tires for a more rugged look will also result in (what you will perceive as) a loss in power, and a reduction in fuel mileage. i went from 235 75 15s to 30.5 x 8 (which is really only a size up, it's just that the measurements are different because bigger than 235 is considered a "truck" tire, not a passenger tire). i could feel a little sluggishness taking off from stoplights etc due to there being more tire contact with the ground, and even though it's a bigger tire that goes farther around on every revolution, i also experienced a 20-25% reduction in gas mileage...

i drive an s-10 4wd extended cab pickup, btw

just so you know what to expect

9. dangerboy

ok, so i was getting about 300 miles per tank. now it's around 250. but you think the diameter of the tire makes up for the difference and turns out to be a wash?

maybe

no denying the sluggish starts, though.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Also have to watch out for Speeding tickets, only got two in my life and one was due to a tire size change on my truck.

11. harleygirl

I expected that, also if I wanted to go fast, I'd buy a cobra mustang :lol:

I did forget about the speed being re-calibrated. :banghead:

Mine's an 02 4Runner 2WD, right now I get 23 ish mpg depending on hwy or city driving.

Hmmm... maybe I wont go up a size then?

12. dangerboy

i dunno i didn't think such a small change would cause me to need my speedo recalibrated, but i suppose the difference would add up after a couple hundred miles.

and as for sluggish takeoffs, i'm not talking fast. i'm talking regular, 6 cylinder, grown-man taking off from a stoplight like a normal person. gotta mash the gas pedal a little harder, that's all. more grippy tire on the ground, a little more power needed to turn them...

13. dangerboy

makes sense.

14. harleygirl

We spoke 2 soon! :cry:

Lady called back from supreme Tire & quoted me wrong $538.60

My Boys down here at Jo Co Car Care get my business yet AGAIN! I realize it's ONLY $8 difference, but that's 4 beers @ 2 ea. LOL :lol::lol:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Speaking of tires, at one time i wanted to get larger tires on my little car just to give it more clearance and was told i would have to have new wheels too, is that true?

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

yeah if by larger say 15" to 16" tires but not if one is going 205/65 to 225/75, obviously 15",16" 18" are rim size, 205/65 type a number is actual tire height and width size

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks Buzz, when it comes to tires i am pretty clueless on what meant what:cheers:

18. harleygirl

NEVERMIND. :banghead::banghead:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012