A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

happy birthday

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Thank you!

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Good for you...enjoy! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Not really a random thought, more like a random rant...

I like the TV show "Chuck" shown on NBC. Last year, they played what was supposed to be the last season. I'm not really happy about it ending, but they seemed to wrap it up well leaving a little bit of a cliff-hanger that might have lead to a spin-off for the secondary characters. Believing it to be officially cancelled, I deleted it from my DVR list.

A few months ago, I found out that they brought "Chuck" back for one more season. Unfortunately, by the time I heard about it, I had missed the first couple of episodes. I have it back on the DVR list, but don't want to watch until I can get the episodes I missed (which explains what happened after Chuck left the agency. etc).

It's not available on TWC OnDemand, it's not available streaming on the NBC site, it's not even available on Hulu. So I wrote an email to NBC asking them when the episodes would be available.

Now for the rant...

I received an automated reply from NBC saying that, since they receive so many emails, they cannot respond.

Huh?

So why have the email link on their site? What purpose could it possibly serve if they simply delete the messages they receive through the link? I think the button doesn't actually receive the message, it just sends out the automated reply.

Basically they're saying, "We don't really care what you have to say, but we'll pretend we care by putting this button on our site."

A few weeks ago, I sent another email to CBS making a suggestion for a "twist" to their "Survivor" show. I got a similar reply, but figured they probably would steal the idea anyway.

So, that's my rant. Thanks for reading it (or skimming through it to get to this point).

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

It amazes me how someone can continually lie and then look in the mirror and be ok with what they see.

I refuse to be vindictive or retaliate, but dang if it's not hard.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Man I'm Hungry.

What to do for lunch?

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I am Soooo happy. One of my students has lost 92 pounds!! :):arrow:

8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'M STARVING TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
    AND I really don't want this Lean Cusine Meal I brought to work with me. :cry:

10. CraigSPL

left over steak and loaded mashed potatos from Applebee's for lunch here.

11. ZUMBAbyMARIE

Hot Dog stew over here. Yum!

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Which I imagine is better than cold Dog stew! :ack:

13. ZUMBAbyMARIE

Ewe! I didn't even think of it that way. Let's call it Frankfurter Stew. :)

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

what a dreary yucky day to have to drive to Fuquay

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's about time to get out the tin foil hats again.

16. CraigSPL

ummmm....what happened to the Jokes thread?

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Boy Scout Troop 24 is having a pancake breakfast at Applebees on Sat Jan 25th. Holler if you would like more information and a ticket ($7). The boys will be WORKING this. : )

19. CraigSPL

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

What link are you using?