Watch Batteries

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have a number of watches that need their batteries replaced. I have been to places before that charge $10 per watch/battery. Any suggestions?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've always bought them at Walmart or Target for about $3.00 each. I put them in myself, but I'm pretty sure they will both do it for you for no extra charge.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I've actually gone into Dollar Tree and they have a good selection. As long as you can change them yourself, I've found that is the best bargain.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Jordan's Jewelers (beside Dairy Queen) has done it for free for my DH - (it was only 1 watch though).

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They used to run an ad with a coupon for a free watch battery, don't know if they still run that one or not. It was in the Coupon Clipper, I think.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I caution you, if one of these is an expensive watch, your warranty may be void if it is not replaced by an approved source.

It happened with one of my Movado watches.

7. HidesinOBX

Good point... didn't think of that.

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I wonder...

Why do people still have watches?

Cell phones come with a clock that always displays the correct, accurate time and automatically corrects itself for Daylight/Standard times (and even time zones, if you travel).

9. HidesinOBX

Cause some people don't have cell phones... I know several people who just don't want one, my DH being one of them.

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yeah, but I believe those are in the minority. It is a good question, though. Perhaps I should post a poll. :)

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Getting out a cell phone is a distraction from the communication in a class or during an audit, that a quick glance at a wrist isn't.

Not to mention that many companies do not let visitors bring phones/cameras into their plants.

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I tend to shun my cell phone as much as possible. It is rarely on my person and is often left in the car when I shop. It is there for my convenience when I need to make a call, but it does not oblige me to be at others' beck and call. I used to be the other way and could not live without it and my job depended on it. I have to tell you that it was surprising how much lighter I felt when I stopped using it as much.

They will also give you ear cancer, from what I've heard.

...and a watch as a fashion statement seems ridiculous for two reasons: 1)When it doesn't even work due to dead battery, yet you still wear it or 2) this...

[​IMG]

13. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I changed out my battery a few weeks ago at Wal-Mart. Less than $5.00. Now the strap broke. Doh!

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

When the battery in my watch dies it goes back to the store it was bought at due to the fact that as stated earlier if the battery isreplaced by anyone other than an authorized dealer the warranty is void and having an 11 year warranty kinda wants me to keep it covered.

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Ask Santa Claus, he still wears one. I saw it one Saturday evening

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You do realize Christmas is over, right?

Perhaps you need to change the battery on your calendar.

17. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Obviously his cell phone date it off and that is why he needs a watch and calendar.....

Still does not hurt to reach out with your connections and see why the Big Guy wears one with all his elves available.

18. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We don't have cell phones!!

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Neither do we! We did purchase one when we first moved here; but we were soon disillusioned with it because of the high price and not very good reception at our new home. So we canceled the service and live just fine without it. We are of the "old fogey" era I guess; spent the first 50 years of life without one, so why would we need one now? :lol:

20. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Ya'll just don't believe! They are real and this poll proves it :jester:

Wish more people could live without cell phones. Some people think there voice can be heard in public with some of the conversations.