A Place for Random Rants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yeah, I know there's already a thread for random thoughts, but this thread (if it survives and thrives) will be a place to point out personal annoyances, as well as giving others a chance to say, "Yeah, me too!"

So, to start off...

As most of you who follow my every post know, I used to smoke. I quit back in October 2007. I am glad I did, and will never go back to smoking.

I also declared that I would never become a "smoking nazi" who condemned others for smoking as I remember being the target of others who were. They have the right to smoke, as long as there are no laws against it.

However... I am currently working in a small office within an office space and the powers that be have decided that, since I'm low man on the totem, I get an office mate. We've been sharing this small office for a few months, and it's starting to get annoying.

He's a smoker.

Every couple of hours or so, he leaves for a few minutes to have a smoke. Then he comes back in and I gag at the stench coming off his clothes. Yes, as powerful as the word "stench" suggests, it is the very least of what I experience every time he comes back in from having his smoke.

I'm truly sorry to all the people who I exposed this to when I was a smoker.

The light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that our company is moving to a larger office space and I won't have him in my office any more (I'll still have an office mate, but it will be a new guy hired for our department, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't smoke).

At any rate, that's my rant. Thanks for taking the time to read it. :)

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

great, couldn't just stick with the other random thread had to go and start a worthless random imposter thread.

Just tell the guy next time he comes in smellimg like a cig chimney that you will punch him out.

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

No, that's for political discussions**

**Use of the word "discussions" is done very loosly and with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I'll play along...my latest rant is people who break all the highway laws to pull out ahead of me and then proceed at 5-10 mph below the speed limit while eating, leaning over, etc., clearly not ready to be on the road yet. But they just HAD to run the stop sign and pull across lanes of traffic to "beat" me, even though I have the right of way. I am not in a hurry. I usually get to work early, but really? Can you not at least stop and wait 1.1 seconds for me to pass? (Riverwood, Turnipseed Road, that little stretch to the 64 bypass).

Second favorite this week is folks who speed up and ride 2" from my butt after I legally pass them because they are running off the road, driving 5-10 under the speed limit, drifting, etc...Why do you suddenly care about driving now? If you would drive like you have sense, I wouldn't have passed you!

Whew...that's better! Thanks Clif:jester:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Prob the same type of idiot that followed me to the grocery store at RW last night and highbeamed me the whole way. He was kind enough to dim them when an oncoming car appeared, but felt it necessary to blind me when they passed. He was going to the same destination.

Seemed rather shocked I told him what an inconsiderate moron he was. :jester:

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Clif, just think how that poor guy feels having to share an office with you. :mrgreen:

I'm only teasing!

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I think lots of folks are oblivious these days. Caught up in their own world and they really don't have a clue why you are peeved. My newest driver goes on and on about it when we are driving. It's funny to me...now he knows why I fuss!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That is exactly it. I call it "blinder syndrome".

I have a fear that I may just lose it one day and go all Kathy Bates on someone. :jester: Esp for not using turn signals. :evil:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

New rant: When I misspell a word that I know I shouldn't and it gets quoted before I notice it. Darn it! Where's my wine??:cheers::jester:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Fixed it!!! :jester:

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks! Just for that I will use my blinker the next time I am in front of you at FL. :jester:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! :jester::cheers: