Lowe's Foods Gas Pumps

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jtm, Jan 16, 2012.

?

What is slowest?

1. Three-toed sloth

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Human evolution

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Lowe's Foods gas pumps

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  4. Frozen molasses

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Is there anything slower than the Lowe's Foods Gas Pumps? I sure can't think of anything. Seriously, is there a Commodore 64 with a tape drive and acoustic coupler behind the display?

2. bryanm23

bryanm23 Guest

bigger issue is that the card reader that gives you your discount malfunctions half the time.
    I find if I go during off peak hours, gas pumps fine. But when there are a lot of customers, forget it.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

actually found out that on the readers, the old cards had an extra number the new cards do not, so you can either scan the big Lowes Foods card they gave you or add a 0 to end of your numbers when you manually input your card number. Other than that i have never had a problem with the pumps and that is where i get my gas every time.

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

hahahahahaha!!! thanks for the visual! bring a book along b/c it's normally cheaper...the time, i guess, is the price you pay...or it may be to give you more time to read their weekly ads they post on the bricks beside the pumps!! i have 10 cents off myself after last night's cart-full at lowe's foods...despite $50 worth of coupons!

5. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Oh, that reminds me of another peeve about the pumps! If you scan your discount card and it says "you have 5 cents off" or whatever, you then swipe your credit card and it asks for the ZIP code. Now, some of my credit cards come to the house, and some of my credit cards go to my PO Box (in a different ZIP code). If I enter the wrong ZIP code, the transaction fails, of course. However, it eats the discount on my Lowe's card!!!

You can get the clerk to override it, but it's a giant pain.

Oh, the things we'll put up with to save a few cents...

And about the newer cards not scanning, we had our "account" moved to a new set of cards, so I could get rid of the keychain cards and got a full credit-card-size Lowe's card. That one always scans at the pump on the first try, since you put it into the same slot the credit card goes into.

6. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Quote: Oh, that reminds me of another peeve about the pumps! If you scan your discount card and it says "you have 5 cents off" or whatever, you then swipe your credit card and it asks for the ZIP code. Now, some of my credit cards come to the house, and some of my credit cards go to my PO Box (in a different ZIP code). If I enter the wrong ZIP code, the transaction fails, of course. However, it eats the discount on my Lowe's card!!!

i'd take a sharpie and put a single number or 2 from the zip code on the credit card...like not the whole thing but just something to remind me which zip to use. :)

(sorry, i deleted too much of the text, and the quote isn't in the little gray box!)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

You know, that's an excellent idea! I'll do that. Thanks!

8. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Doesn't help w/ the slow pumps, but you can also use your discount earned at Wilco/Hess stations.

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

fyi, just like molasses, LF gas pumps are even colder on a really cold night...with high winds...but i got my 10 cents per gallon off, so i'm not complaining...too much. ;)

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree: The gas price is usually cheaper, too, at Wilco Hess. Since I have stock in this company, I encourage everyone to buy gas there, so my retirement pension will still be there when I finally retire :):lol:

11. 27577

27577 Guest

i rarely use these pumps. if i need gas i just go the closest station.