Hwy.42 widening

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 19, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but 42 NE of 70 is where the money lives. SW, not so much. Class warfare, anyone?

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I always felt we were on the wrong side of the tracks.

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I hear that a lot where I work (FL, 40/42). When I mention that sometimes gas is cheaper by walmart or some business that is "across the bridge (east of the interchange on route 42)", I sometimes get a look from customers, and they say :I would NEVER go across the bridge - not over THERE". What this snobby attitude is about, I do not know. I wonder if it because we are Johnston County, and it is Wake County west of the interchange? Frankly, I am glad we live in Johnston county...for one thing, the taxes are lower. :)

5. AnnetteL

No flames from me :lol: I was thinking along the same line plus Caterpillar needs to be kept happy too I'm sure!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well kind of that same line of thought, I had heard that the 70 bypass was put on the fast track cause of SYSCO. So it does not surprise me about Caterpillar.

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

At this point in time I have no problem investing in infrastructure that aids job creation, if Cat and SYSCO were really the drivers behind these projects.

I love arts n' parks as much as the next guy, but ya can't eat 'em- know what I mean?

8. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

9. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Wow, and all the time I thought it was being widened to get Clayton residents out to the dog park on Glen Laurel Road.

10. 3GirlsDad

3GirlsDad Guest

They'll widen 42 as soon as they complete I-540, and then they will put tolls on it of course...

11. AnnetteL

:lol: