Are there Austin Pond residents here...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Melon, Jan 19, 2012.

1. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I can't stand folks who are not from the south who move down here and complain about our ways of life.

Just because you hear shooting, that does not mean that you will be shot. The odds of that happening are astronomical. Your more likely to be hit by lighting. Or more likely to be killed in a car accident with a northern driver!

When you hear those shots. Remember that the right to bear arms is this countries last defense. If you don't like that fact, move to the city where you belong, cause' we don't want you here.

Welcome to the SOUTH. Where we don't like being made fun of for saying "sir" or "ma'am". Or for our "accent" (we don't like your accent). Or being told not to shoot our guns. Respect our ways of living and we'll respect you.

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

...And don't you just love our Southern Hospitality?

3. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

Not to say it is not gun shots being heard, but there's some new construction taking place at the Bluffs at Austin Pond and with the way sound travels, hammering and nail guns could sound very similar... just another angle!

4. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Don't take offense to questions about this. I wasn't complaining. I just asked a question about falling bullets. I lived off of Highway 42 when I first moved here 16 years ago. I've gotten quite used to the sound of gunfire in and around some of the more rural areas. I get it! I just always wondered where the bullets landed. I had a dog that was shot in her pen when I lived in that area...and I often wondered if it was an errant bullet that got her, or if she was just a target for someone who thought she was a deer or something. She was quite large and white and the sheriff said someone may have mistaken her for game, specifically a white deer. I just didn't get how that could happen. I just assumed a hunter, or whatever he/she was would make sure that it was a deer before they popped off a gun. Just 'spaining why I asked about that...not bitchin mister!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A more appropriate Stereotype would have been Rural vs. Urban. Hunting does not occur only in the "south".

I realize you feel you are special, and bless your heart, you are Special.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That though sure does puts a comical twist on this subject.

7. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

Now this make sense. That is why the sound is heard in the spring and the summer. I think the mystery of the gunshots has been solved.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

[​IMG]

9. Melon

Melon Well-Known Member

Asking about what sounds like gunfire does not equate with fearing firearms.

Asking about what sounds like gunfire does not mean the asker is anti-gun.

Equating cities with bastions of gun-haters is illogical and untrue.

Some of us no longer hunt, but respect those who feed their families thereby. Some of us hold valid CHPs, shoot regularly, take classes, are FFLs.

Gun statutes in JoCo needed updating because irresponsible users + deadly force = very bad things. I didn't get the impression in this thread that anyone was trying to pry anyone's guns away.

When people ask about guns or possible gunfire, they're not your enemy.

Some of us, not from the south, cheerfully use sir and ma'am everyday. And mean it.

10. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

Easy now Mrs Chief !!! i gotta find something else to do with all my free time after Saturday!!!

11. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

bless your heart I am sure you can find something to do... LOL