Tavern at the Grove

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You would think it would be easy to look up on the Internet, but a google search only brings up 150,000 hits for some bar in Florida.

Is there still Karaoke on Saturdays? What time does it start? Is there a website?

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Have you tried searching for it through Google? :)

Thanks for the links. :) None of them mention if they still have karaoke, though, nor if they do what time it starts.

4. CraigSPL

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

6. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Wonder if the problem searching was Tavern *at* vs Tavern *in*?

Please post if you find out about the karaoke!

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Karoke every Thursday and saturday night. Starts about 9:00, ends about 1:00.

Oh, and the sign by the road should help remind you.

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Oh, sure, if you add "Garner" to your search. I tried Clayton and Cleveland (and even 4042), but that didn't work.
    Yep, that may be it, although the Google search did "correct" me by displaying all the links for "Tavern In The Grove" anyway. The reason I had searched on Tavern at the grove is because I had asked about karaoke a few months ago and was told (by HarleyGirl) to try "Tavern @ the Grove". I was just checking with this thread if it still was going on and what time.

Unfortunately the other couple we were going with cancelled, so it will have to be on another night.

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Don't forget you can subtract words from your search: "tavern in the grove" -FL

or, for the same results: "tavern in the grove" +NC

Just a couple suggestions. :)

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Or you can just ask here, if you don't mind the snide remarks that come with the answers. :p

11. CraigSPL

Now why would you check Clayton or Cleveland or 4042 when the area is Garner?

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The real question is, why would I check Garner?

13. CraigSPL

Might I suggest that simply because everything in that area has a Garner address you would add Garner to your search criteria. But maybe that is using too much common sense.

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

everything up there is considered Garner (try looking up the CVS, Walgreens, Food Lion, Wal Mart etc). And just to make it even more confusing, the Lowes Foods up there at 42/50 has a Raleigh address.

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

When I moved here, the 4042 area was considered Clayton (although it was called Cleveland).

16. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Something lacking for certain birds

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I assume that would work for almost anything? adding the +whatever or -whatever? I know using the " " works

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's one of the reasons I stuck with Google (it was also the way Alta Vista worked) and never went to Bing.

These days, though, I tend more to write english questions in the search box, such as, "How can I get Android Market to recognize my tablet?" (Quotes and punctuations are optional). You'd be surprised at what Google understands.

But for specific, targeted searches, I still use +/- and quotes.