what happened to Clearwater Pools?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 3GirlsDad, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 3GirlsDad

3GirlsDad Guest

Anyone know what happened to Clearwater Pools? Their office next to Golden Corral appears to be for rent.

2. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

Their sign says that they're moving to a new location and will notify all their customers with the new address after the move is complete.

3. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I am so glad they are not gone for good!
    I love that place!!

We are buying our home, and I want to put up a pool this summer! lol

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree: I hope they stay local!

5. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

:hurray:Found them! They are on Highway 70 past White Oak- across from AgriSupply.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I just spoke with them. They decided not to renew their lease and did move into the sister company location "Island Pools" on Hwy 70 in Garner.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So still selling chemicals?

8. Luvgoose1

The person I spoke with said they do carry chemicals...we use Bacquacil and he still carries that.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Guess i need to give them a call, need sand for my new filter system

10. Luvgoose1

What kind of system did you get? We have to get one too if we keep our pool. Is yours an above ground? How big? I know you're the expert lol!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

We have a 24' 52" aboveground & found a Hayward 1 1/2 hp pump with 21"sand filter online at Amazon for a better price than anywhere else & free shipping, after installing & treating now have a clear pool again after only 3 days & girl, let me tell you, after sitting for a month with no circulation & the heat we have had, it was some nasty green water. Required to clean it with the old sand filter before installing the new, that is why i need sand now

12. RedHead88

RedHead88 Guest

Actually, Clear Water Pools went out of business. They are telling people that they are still open and yes they did move into the trailer on Hwy 70 with Island Pools to try and maintain some business. But clearly...they are gone. What kind of busniess who knew they were going to move would not tell their customers 1st. They packed all their stuff up one night and had everything moved out. The "moving to another location" is an excuse not to make them look bad. They do not test water anymore and do not sell the chemicals in the location on Hwy 70. They will tell you they will bring chemicals out to you only if you spend $50 and then charge you extra to bring it out to you. Capitol Pools and Spas is still up and running at 40/42 and can sell you anything you need.

13. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this post. Our experience with them right before they went out of business left a lot to be desired. We will not be continuing our business with these people, no matter what they call themselves now.:iagree:

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Capital Pools all the way

It's where I go.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sorry to disagree but their chemical knowledge at the 42 location is not all that, we do still have Rising Sun at White Oak so what i don't get online at www.intheswim.com i go there, jmho

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are you trying to put me on the Welfare Roll? :?

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Saltwater is still chemicals, you use salt to generate chlorine & still have to balance the ph, alkalinity, calcium, etc.

18. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

@ Kaci- I do agree that the 40/42 Capital store is not (yet) their best location; I do like the US70 location. JOSH is the Man, for all of out Pool needs & is very knowledgeable about products and chemicals.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh no, i didn't say it isn't great, i love the salt chlorine generating systems, just stated ch, emicals are still required, some people are under the illusion that salt pools are like the ocean & chemical balancing is not needed, they don't understand that the salt is used to generate chlorine either :)

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Technically water is a chemical. :jester:

Actually more people die from this chemical than any other.