Electric or Gas Range?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 25, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Which do you prefer? Personally I probably would like to get a gas range the next time around.Our current glass top electric range never really was that great of a performer,turns out we'd need a new control panel and they no longer manufacture it :lol: I guess these days it's a miracle a stove lasts for nearly 14 years. I just don't want another Whirlpool,thinking about Bosch...Kitchenaid range looked good but since it's made by Whirlpool it's out.
    Thanks!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you do alot of cooking, you'd probably want gas. Gas is much more accurate & consistent than heating elements.

3. AnnetteL

DH just said that since we've got a wood stove in the living room he'd be too worried to have a gas range :ack:

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'd prefer a gas range (but an electric (convection) oven).

Gas ranges are more efficient, heat quicker and hotter, and stop heating when turned off.

5. AnnetteL

That's why we had considered a Induction range since they heat super fast but they are too pricey.

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

No need to worry with a wood stove and gas range....

It would be a Premier Gas Range for me. Can even get them at Lowe's. Make sure you can light it without electricity and you are still cooking even without power.

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

GAS!!

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Gas! If you have gas stove, you can at least cook and heat if electricity goes out, as has been known to happen.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm a guy, how the hell do I know? Next time I'm in the kitchen I'll check to see which kind we have.

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Apparently the one thing you certainly don't know is that the top ten chefs in the world are all men.

Claiming ignorance because of your gender is not the smartest thing you've ever done.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

:roll:
    Go buy a sense of humor jackass.

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

And you can buy a thicker skin, dweeb.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I get that you don't understand the difference between men and women. I don't agree with it, but I understand.
    Now go sew something.

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Based on your posts, I highly doubt you understand much, especially when it comes to understanding men and women and their differences (except, maybe, on the same level as a hormonal teenager).

I'll do that while you go get drunk, watch football, and shoot something.

Hey, the paleolithic era just called. They want you back.

(I'll save you the trouble of looking it up. It means "Stone age")

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You are one of the few men that claims to understand women!

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's because I'm one of the few men who take the time to ask.

17. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

We have a gas range at the beach and an electric one at home. The gas is lots faster (I've burnt a couple of things) than my electric stove. The gas oven scares me though. I've never had a gas oven before and I didn't realize those things get so hot in the drawer underneath it. I pulled the drawer out and I could see the reflection of the flames on the floor. That sorta freaked me out. Needless to say, I've only used the actual oven about 4 times. It cooks a lot different than my electric one.

18. AnnetteL

Thanks for all the suggestions! We decided on this one:http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02261043000P?prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12
    It heats as fast as gas and since we don't have natural gas out here and I don't really want to have a huge propane tank sitting in my back yard it's going to be electric,if the power goes out we can cook on the woodstove in winter and on the grill in the summer ;-)
    Btw-the Bosch is actually made in New Bern NC and features German engineering ;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, look who's talking, he was right you jackass

20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

what sorta prize you get for that