Utility work on Barber Mill Rd.?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 26, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what it is they are doing on Barber Mill Rd.,are they putting in a road?

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Natural Gas line.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. AnnetteL

Thanks!

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

i'm glad you asked, I've been wondering every time I drive by there ... but then kept forgetting to follow up on it!

5. AnnetteL

Took me several drive by's before I finally asked ;)

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I wonder is the same kind of work they are doing on Josephine? Would love to have natural gas instead of propane.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that is part of the same line they are putting in on Ranch Road.

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yes to all those. it's a 39 mile, 36 inch, 750psi pipeline that starts at the corner of guy rd/70, goes east down guy road eventually angling off in the woods behind the hospital, then you can see it pop out of the woods at 42/70 bypass, go under 42, and parallel 70 bypass on the westbound side all the way down to where 70 business crosses 70 bypass between clayton and smithfield. it goes through the woods for a while, winds up crossing buffalo road and running parallel to booker dairy road (about 500 feet off booker dairy, on the selma side of the road across from triple S), then i lost track, but it ultimately goes to goldsboro i believe.

but it's meant to serve a local distributing station in goldsboro, so not likely to have anything tapped off of it. don't look for gas to suddenly be in your neighborhood just because you're near it.

9. AnnetteL

DH says that it's just a feeder pipeline.

10. dangerboy

ok. don't know what that means, but what i posted is what i understand from all the conversations i've had with them due to the fact that it will it cross my property

11. AnnetteL

It means that you will not be able to hook into to it because it's the main distribution line and needs to go to the distribution center first and from there it get's distributed/sold to different city's and counties.

12. dangerboy

isn't that what i said? anyway, thx for the clarification