Anyone filed their taxes yet?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 30, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Did ours yesterday,we're getting back about a hundred dollars less than last year,took the standard deduction just like last year because it added up to more than if we had itemized.

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Yes and already got my state refund back :hurray:

3. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

You guys are quick...just starting mine, but I should be done in a couple days.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DAG! :?
    Waiting on DH's W2 before I can send my stuff up to my CPA.
    I HOPE we get $ back this year, I doubt it tho :?

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Did mine yesterday. Getting back some, had to pay last year (but then I was unemployed for most of 2010).

6. AnnetteL

So to those of you who already done them-did you get back more,less,or about the same as last year? ;)

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

will probably owe again, so i always do out of site, out of mind, and wait till the end of March!!!!

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

There was the making work pay (or something like that) credit last year, which I believe was abt $800 per married couple, that is prob your difference. Look at your last years return and see what's different.

9. AnnetteL

Now that you mentioned it I do remember that from last year,thanks for letting me know!
    Just read that this particular credit was not extended so most likely that was what made up the difference.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  10. AnnetteL

That was quick,we usually get the federal one back first.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Given the fiasco of last year when the state was waiting until the last "legal" minute to send out the refund checks, I'm not surprised.

12. 27577

27577 Guest

did mine last week. got back about 10% less. teh wifey made more money. seems like the less we make the bigger the return...hmmmm

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I did mine Sunday. Federal will be direct deposited by 2/14. I got about $500 more back than last year. :mrgreen:

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Since I have been in school last year and on unemployment I have yet to see my tax forms from both state and federal. So I haven't been able to get my taxes done. Don't they have until today to get them to me?

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

they have to be mailed (postmarked) by today.

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

More but my marital status changed and i have 2 kids so I know where the difference is in mine

17. Soccermom81

Soccermom81 Well-Known Member

I have to wait and see if I get a W2 from one of my previous employers. They closed the business down, and no way to contact them. No idea what to do with that.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Wait till about 2/7 (benefit of the doubt), then if you do not get a W2, contact the IRS and NC State Revenue office.

19. Soccermom81

Soccermom81 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for the advice. Never had this situation before.

20. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

They will tell you that you are responsible for reporting the income and taxes paid.