Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

High Beams

If one is driving at night please courteous and dim your lights around other traffic. Low beams should be sufficient to drive with. If you cannot see perhaps you need to slow down as not to outrun your headlights or if that does not work stay home and don't drive at night.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and I will add on to this.... If you have fog lights, pull out the owners manual out and figure out how TURN THEM OFF (because having them on all the time can only mean that you have no clue how)! There is no reason to have them on if it isn't foggy. It's just as bad as high beams when someone with them is behind you.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Actually there is a good reason. It adds a a little extra light.

But I'm curious... I do tend to drive (intentionally) with the fog lights on. No one has yet flashed me to turn them off, so I presumed they were not unacceptable. I know, if I have my highbeams on, I'll definitely get flashed to turn them down.

Why wouldn't people let me know if the fog lamps are a bother?

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

If you are riding behind me, tell me how I would let you know that you were blinding me, please?

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I thought the 'universal' signal was to wave your hand across your rear view mirror? I haven't had a problem with anyone's fog lights, are you referring to those mounted on top?

What bothers me is when the big, tall vehicles are behind you (esp if they're right on your butt) and they're blinding you with just their regular lights on...back off!!:banghead:

6. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Why do people treat school busses like they are the king of the road. They are a regular vechicle--the only speical treatment the get is that you stop when they stop. It is not necessary to stop traffic on the road to let a bus turn. It is dangerous for the rest of the drivers because we assume the vechicle at the stop sign will pull out when the road is clear--not that the line of traffic will suddently come to a stop to allow the bus to proceed. And for that matter if the bus is late the kids are not tardy--we don't need to make sure they get to the school first!

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Low-life mail box vandals (mobile juveniles) were on my road last night. Got mine and at least 4 others.

I've done a lot of dumb things growing up, but I never damaged anyone's property, nor did I ever get the inclination to do so.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I detest those super bright blue tinged headlights that came out a few years ago. Even on low, they are obnoxiously bright.

9. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

people always flash lights at us when we drive the jeep, when I flash you back to let you know the high beams are NOT on, do not keep flashing me or turn your high beams on... :banghead:

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Why would I blind people that I'm driving behind, but not affect people who are oncoming?

Ah, maybe that's the difference. Mine are installed on the front bumper.

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

probably because your fog lights are adjusted the way they should be.. down, not up high. They shouldnt be aimed as high or higher than the headlights.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

don't assume, pay attention. Just like tractor trailers give them the space and benefit of the doubt, if one can help it let them move on without having to stop and restart, use some common sense and courtesy.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Who cares if they have to stop and restart their forward motion. They are a vehicle on the road like any other and shouldn't expect to be given special consideration. They can wait until they have a opportunity to turn out into traffic like anyone else. Its inconsiderate to those you are holding up to be stopped because someone wants to halt traffic and let a school bus (without the right of way) into traffic. Also, because of that person, now all the traffic is going to have to make 10 stops as the bus travels down hwy 42 stopping at each road or subdivision.

So thanks in advance for taking into consideration the people who might be behind you when you let that school bus turn out infront of you.

:?

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

But they are not just like any other vehicle. You have to get a special license to drive one and they are a lot bigger than your SUV.

They do (by law) get special consideration.

I'm sorry to hear you are inconvenienced by the school buses, but in my ever so humble opinion, any extra added measure of safety to the vehicle that carries my grandchildren is worth it, considering how many inconsiderate and/or downright dangerous drivers are out there.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

didn't know the buses are on 42 making 10 stops, I guess you have followed one and counted, you left out the dreaded railroad crossings too.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No where in the drivers handbook does it say that the world should stop to let a school bus that does not have the right of way cut into traffic.
    It's an accident waiting to happen.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

When you're stuck behind one, inhaling those great fumes, what else is there to do?

8)

19. BuzzMyMonkey

put up your windows and switch your air to not circulate outside air into car, and love a big rig driver.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hate when folks signal to let folks go:twisted: when they do NOT have the right of way. Tassy is absolutely right, it is an accident waiting to happen. I always suspect that they are trying to cause an accident for insurance fraud.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012