General physician referral?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Feb 6, 2012.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

Hey guys:

Well, I finally ended up needing a general physician in the area post relocating. It would be for myself and my husband (we're in our mid 30s).

I ended up with a bacterial infection that kept me at Johnston Medical and then another two weeks at Duke before they figured it out. Once they sent me home they told me I would need to follow up with a GP for the rest of my pain meds and the such...

So, I guess I need a good doc that can help me with the remainder of seeing out my pain till the bacteria is completely gone, as well as can help me with my insomnia. It is my understanding that some doctors are very happy to write scripts for sleep help while others are not. The hospital doctors did give me Ambien and I have to admit, sleeping for once was nice! LOL!

Anyone have any suggestions? After all this hospital stuff...and I'm normally as healthy as a horse!...I want to make sure I DONT end up back in the hospital!!

Thanks!
    Tiffany

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I see Dr. Shaikh at Shaikh Medical Clinic at 40/42. He is great. I am around your age and have been very sick the past month or so. He is a very thorough doctor and always errs on the side of caution making sure that he finds a diagnosis and gets you the medication you need. He doesn't over medicate, but he is more than willing to write scripts when needed. He is the only doc in the office so you will always see him. Very friendly and genuinely cares about his patients. He also advertises here on 4042.com!

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Garner Internal Medicine near White Oak Crossing in Garner.

http://www.garnerinternalmedicine.com/

My family and I have been going there for years and have nothing but good things to say about the crew over there.

4. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second Garner Internal Medicine. In particular Dr. Breiner, if you prefer a female doc Dr. Mayer is great too.

5. G.G.

G.G. Member

Garner Internal Medicine LOVE Doctor Karen Mayer! The office is by target @ White oak.

6. gmessig

gmessig Well-Known Member

Garner Internal Medicine is TERRIBLE! Wait wait wait and then rush rush rush..

7. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Benson medical ?

8. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Dr Marie Zaldavar in Smithfield.