Trooper who kicked his dog to be reinstated with back pay.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 7, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. dtmtdew88

dtmtdew88 Member

Sickening.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I don't car ow long or short the video clip is but in my opinion suspending a dog from a railing and kicking him repeatedly to force him to release a chew toy goes way beyond dog training and is more likely cruelty to animals. I'm sure that in olden days it was also considered ok to beat ones kid with a belt since after all-it's a tough teet but it sure makes a tough calf ;)

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one. While the video does provoke a visceral reaction, those of us who have been there, done that realize that some times, the actions needed to be taken will be an affront to those who have not traveled that same path.

5. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

The reality is this shows how messed up government is. An employee that caused this much negative PR in a private business would have been long gone.

Whether he was right or wrong in the private sector he would have been fired! Only in government jobs or with a contract do employees in NC have this much power in jobs.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

If a LEO showed up with a cute, cuddly little puppy who was trained to play with a perp being chased instead of helping locate and secure him, would that be preferable? Right now, my thought is that this dog will not back down when confronted by a criminal who doesn't wilt at the sound of his bark and then turns his wrath on the dog?

I decry the abuse of animals.

I've gone through worse than this dog did. Certainly, many of our military have gone through some intense training, especially the SO folks, the SERE courses, etc.

For the 98% of the world, this video is an out of context one that plays to our emotional love for dogs. For those of us who have to depend on a 4 footed partner placing his life in front of yours on patrol, they understand.

7. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

So just beat the crap out of each other so that you know who you can depend on and leave the animals out of it. Big strong humans who've "gone through worse" shouldn't need dogs to have their back anyway.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I gotta go with VG on this one. We don't condone kicking children as an acceptable form of training. I'm not sure why we should accept it for service animals. Seems like we should be above that. Maybe I'm wrong. :?

A swat on the hiney to get their attention is one thing, abuse is another.

I'm not watching the video. I'm full up on human cruelty right now.

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one; my daughter is the Special Projects Coordinator in the Cruelty Investigations Dept at PETA and the things she witnesses are just...unbelievable :cry:

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Some would call "a swat on the hiney" abuse.

So, you're ok with striking an animal, just not with the foot?

As the old joke goes, we've already established what you are, we're just negotiating price.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Really Cliff? :nopity:

I'm not in the mood for your BS today. Have at it.

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Hey, you're the one who is ok with striking a poor, defenseless animal. Your attack on me is just your form of transferrence.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Attack? In case you missed it the first time: :nopity:

Oh and here is an :roll: for good measure.

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I didn't miss it. The attack was blatently apparent.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Funny, I noticed that of the folks with a different opinion, you choose my post.

Interesting.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL.

17. BuzzMyMonkey

an attack on you??? Baaa haaa haaaa you big puss.

18. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You know he "understands" women. Perhaps that is what it is. He is one.

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm sorry, I must have missed the other posts that stated it was acceptable to strike an animal.

20. BuzzMyMonkey

well maybe if ya read the 1st page you would alter this statement a little bit