WJHS Student hit by bus :(

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustAnotherMom, Feb 9, 2012.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Prayers for the student. I do not understand how this can happen. When you see a stopped school bus in the middle of the highway you should understand that they may be picking up or dropping off students.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

someone posted on my facebook, her son rides the same bus, saw it happen. Says the kid is ok. I don't know who it was though. Said the kids on the bus were pretty freaked out seeing it happen, as one could imagine.

4. JustAnotherMom

I'm glad the kid is ok. When it happened on McLemore DS was at the bus stop and saw the girl get hit, it was horrible

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine. gives me chills. If I hear who it was, I will PM you.

6. JustAnotherMom

TY

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the student wasn't hit by the bus, according to the article, but by a car. I'm glad the student is okay.

8. JustAnotherMom

Fixed it, sorry was on the phone, talking and typing

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

per the 'news'

Johnston Co. Schools officials said a West Johnston High School student was hit by an oncoming car crossing Old Fairgrounds Road to board a school bus Thursday morning.

Anyone know more?

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

probably a driver with the attitude that the bus can wait on me I can't be bothered by a bus holding me up or getting in front of me

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

+1

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

it was close to ennis road, but south of dixon road, per the scanner traffic this morning...

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to the boy and his family and the driver and her family, what a tragic accident.

15. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I never heard any follow-up on that. Wasn't it a hi and run? Did they ever catch the person who hit her?

16. JustAnotherMom

No they did not, she is doing fine though. They moved out of state, but we still keep in touch

17. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I'm glad she's ok. I wondered about her when I passed by there.