Trooper who kicked his dog to be reinstated with back pay.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You are correct there Clif, KDC and Buzz are the best of buddies, I saw them in the bar the other night drinking and singing Karaoke duets to each other!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why didn't you come over and say hello?? You know I've been wanting to meet you! :cheers::jester:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Same here, but the last correspondence we had was when I told him where the point was in squirrel shorts! :jester:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am shy! :oops:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Maybe next time! :mrgreen:

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Was the duet Strangers in the night or Achy Breaky Heart?

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I notice a fascination with him. He stopped bothering me when I told him to grow a set of infamous squirrel parts.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol:

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

TILT! Not discussing a human service animal for the blind. Not discussing the proper role of discipline in a child's upbringing.

The discussion began with the video of a highway patrol officer kicking a police dog. Said police dog is sent towards criminals who pose a clear and present danger.

The training for children certainly isn't designed to have them chase down perpetrators and subdue or render incapacitated to save a police officer's life.

There are people who have to train hard to do violent acts towards those who would perform violent acts against you. Believe me, the first time you need one of these responders, whether military, LEO or working canine, you'll be blessing them for saving your rear.

Until you comprehend the need for that type of response, you are dealing with apples and oranges. Both are fruit, yet hardly interchangeable.

10. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

If you're going to tie up a dog and kick the crap out of it and then make the argument that you're doing it as part of training in order to protect your fellow officers/military then you darn sure better be next in line to get hooked up and kicked. As far as I know there are few groups that actually train with that degree of violence against each other as part of training and they dang sure aren't the Highway Patrol :lol: so until that Trooper is willing to turn around and be kicked on video like that or turn around and then let his dog bite him (without protective gear) then they shouldn't do it to the dog. Your point is not lost on me. It's the "train hard to fight hard" argument that isn't flying because you're asking to allow us to be okay with a degree of violence against a dog that is not close to equal to what most human LEO/military have to endure as part of training. And I'm no bleeding heart who doesn't realize the need for a degree of violence as part of training, but if violence is the best way to train then everyone should be kicked equally as hard.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hat, I am not in the mood for round two with another sanctimonious blowhard today.

I GET the difference between a service animal for the blind and a police dog. :roll: Anybody does.

Don't preach to me about our military and their sacrifices, there are plenty of military in my family, and in fact my own DH was active duty, you can take your know-it-all attitude and pound sand with it. Quite few LEO's too. I am WELL aware of their sacrifices for our collective "behinds".

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

1) You do not have to be military, LEO, or working canine to confront evil and those who perpetrate crimes against humanity.

There is a reason we have the 2nd Amendment and the firearm is the equalizer not the persons occupation.

2) The need to tie a dog up and kick him is the same type of training that Drill Instructors used to use when physically touching trainees. You are going to lose with that tactic in any court of public of opinion.

3) Again to the point I made earlier in this thread. If the Highway Patrol or what other "government" agency is going to employ these tactics then they better make damn sure they do not let video evidence gets out.

It is a very bad black eye in public and in the private enterprise the employee would be fired whether right or wrong for bringing disgrace to his company. It's called Public Relations and it is what you are failing at with your defense of said training.

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Most...not all.

14. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

I think people are missing the bigger picture, the one where the trooper has been reinstated because the state jumped the gun in trying to get rid of him, did not use due process, and that is why he got reinstated, he also didnt do anything that far outside the parameters as to how these dogs get corrected (I am not agreeing with the method, but some of the dogs need a FIRM hand to respect the handler, it simply is what it is) and certainly not enough to get fired. I am a dog lover and had an emotional response as well, however being the owner of a Rottweiler, I also understand that sometimes you have to get a bit more physical to control them and allow them to understand who is the "leader".

Firing this guy over doing that with a dog would be like anyone here getting fired for making a minor paperwork error regarding his job actual damage to the public (dog was ok, all people were ok, etc, no damage done), so yeah I dont agree with how it "looked", how it looked and actual outcome are two different things, and we as a society of law and rules, and due process dont destroy people's lives over an emotional snap judgement, do we?

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

ha ha ha, seriously I don't get pm"s seeking help or back up or advice, I get pm's telling me where to go and where I can shove it.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

sanctimonious(surprised you can spell that) blowhard,, LOL

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and I am equally surprised at your copy and paste skillzzzzz....

:mrgreen:

8)

18. BuzzMyMonkey

ha, whatever

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Have to admit the tape bothered me, but your responce is spot on.