Psychics/Mediums??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Feb 9, 2012.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I normally am not one to believe in this stuff. But recently I have seen something that makes me think there may be something to it...with the right person.

I actually called a someone yesterday about getting an appt. With all the questions she asked, all she would have to do is repeat my answers for a "reading". If I'm going to do this, it has to be someone who doesn't know all my answers, but TELLS them to me.

Does anyone know of or have experiences (Good or bad) with someone on this field? PM me if necessary. Thanks!

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The opinions on this are going to be as widely varied as anything, but...

Several years ago, my Mom had a reading from Sylvia Browne, the psychic that used to be on Montel. This was probably, I don't know, 2002?

It was $700 for UP to a 30 minute phone call. I told Mom then she was insane, but you can't argue with my mom. LOL

After the reading, she mailed my mom a cassette tape of the phone call. The things she told my Mom were phenomenal. I was in absolute awe.

One of the things, towards the end of the call, Mom was asking about those that she loved, she asked about me, my one child at the time, and her dad, my grandfather. When Sylvia got to Granddaddy, she told Mom that she'd better call him and tell him that she loved him, because he wouldn't be there much longer. This was a man who we "thought" was completely healthy, living life to the fullest.

Two weeks later, my Granddaddy died. Turns out, he had pancreatic cancer and hadn't told any of us because he didn't want us to worry.

Freaky, I'm telling you.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience, yet. But I am going to see John Edward in April and I cannot wait. Good luck with whatever you are trying to find out.

and Jen, I LOVE Sylvia Browne. Love her.

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

John Edward is the one I have seen some things from...would LOVE to see him when he is in Raleigh, but there is no way I could afford him!

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

If psychics could really "read" the future, why wouldn't they just buy lottery tickets?

On a lighter note...

Did you hear about the midget psychic who recenly escaped from prison? The newspaper headline read:

"SMALL MEDIUM AT LARGE".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: <- My own audience

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Go check out the Body, Mind and Spirit Expo at the fairgrounds the weekend of the 25th. Usually a dozen or more "psychics" there .. as well as seminars you can take, and other misc things to see, do, or buy. Don't hesitate to ask questions, especially if you're gonna give anyone your money!

7. KellBell

I am beside myself with excitement. My sister bought us tickets, I couldn't afford it otherwise. I hope....well I will keep my hopes in for now. But will report back after we see him.

8. KellBell

I was not aware of this, thanks for the heads up. Might have to wonder around there. And I would never "ask questions". I want them to tell me. ;)

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree:

DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID PEOPLE. IT'S A RACKET TO GET YOUR $$

10. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

I saw John Edwards with my sister a few years ago. We were in the audience and he didn't read for us but it was still an amazing experience. The energy that he exudes is beyond explanation. I would go see him again if I could even if I knew ahead of time that he wouldn't read for me.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My horoscope told me you'd say that!! ;)

12. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Is that psychic or pyschotic?

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I imagine Google has made the job of a Medium so much easier.

14. KellBell

y'all get to believe what you want and I get to believe what I want.

:p

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester: I don't know, I try to be open minded about it. I often know who is calling without looking at the Caller ID. Always have. Weirds me out at times. LOL

2 weeks ago I tried to look up one of DH's cousins on FB, but couldn't remember her last name to save me and couldn't find her.

She friended me last week and we haven't spoken in YEARS for any reason, not even a Christmas card. WEIRD And she didn't friend DH, just me.

16. KellBell

I love stuff like that. It happens to me all the time. I do believe in premonitions and all that can fall under that.

"believe in" is a loaded statement about this subject. I absolutely think that someone like John Edward has a gift. I just do. You can't just sit in a room with a total stranger and not speak a word and he be able to list off all you dead relatives and know about a miscarriage, an adopted baby or a beloved pet that has gone to the side.

Do I think Miss Cleo was a real psychic? oh good heavens, no! But do I believe people have the unexplained ability to be "psychic" about upcoming events and past tragedies? sure do. Do I think that people have the ability to sense and be "in touch with" dead relatives (angels, ghosts, spirits, etc)? I sure do. And I can't wait to see it first hand.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The very day my Mom's husband passed away last Feb he had told his new employee that since he had gotten help in the store, he'd probably go home and have a heart attack. He DID. I don't know if he had a premonition or what, but it floored us. Shook the employee up pretty hard too. He was not having symptoms of any problems to indicate a heart attack was coming.

They had also finally gotten some life insurance within months of his passing and some other things just fell in line to help my Mom after he passed. Including the fact that she had been looking for a job for 2 years and got an offer out of the blue the week after he died from a company she had applied to more than a year before.

Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Ask them about their own knowledge and experience .. what and how they 'read' ... if they've been published, or have references ... each seems to have a specialty (reading tarot, a spirit guide, palmistry, divination, whatever).

It is fascinating stuff to learn about, no matter what my personal beliefs are ... I try to hit the BMSE (body/mind/spirit expo) when it comes around once or twice a year. Once you pay to get in, the seminars are all free ... everything from how to analyze your dreams, aromatherapy, palmistry, belly dancing ... it's interesting, if you have an open mind.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

There's a groupon available for admittance to the event for 1/2 price right now.

20. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

But wait... if you act NOW, we will also give you a crystal ball and a Ouiji Board!