RIP Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

I will never forget watching her live on TV singing the national anthem at Super Bowl XXV, Jan 27, 1991

Best anthem by anybody, anywhere.

2. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Where was her "Bodyguard"?

3. Passing her the crack pipe.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I agree! Also liked her famous song in "The Bodyguard".

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

another wasted life at the hands of drugs.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Now just got to wait on who the next two are. Since famous people all die in 3's

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Keith Richards will live forever!

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

that wasn't her song, but she rocked it none the less

9. BuzzMyMonkey

I agree 100% and certainly don't see it ever being matched.

10. 27577

27577 Guest

she wont always love you

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

He has a million lives and I'm glad. Great musician.

Whitney had a wonderful voice but her choice of men and real life sucked. I really loved some of her songs and of course the movie The Bodyguard.

Loads going on in Syria today and all I keep seeing was Whitney. Wish the news would mix up items like this for people who want to know what's going on all over the world. Not saying we shouldn't respect a person for what they gave the world but for goodness sakes.

Sherry

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It ain't going to get any better until the Grammy's are over. She was good, but I preferred Etta James and I think they will cut short the Etta salute.

Regarding Syria, lord knows if you want raw footage YouTube should satisfy that fix, it is bad; unfortunately innocent children die (the missing jaw video is too much!).

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Last I heard anything about Syria was way earlier today when the Syrian troops were using citizens as shields on tanks. Sounds like what Hitler did in Norway and all. Putting civilians on top of buildings so the side helping would not drop bombs. Bad things going on over there.

Etta James was in a class of her own. I believe they will do as you say, which will be a real shame.

Sherry

14. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

She needed a transfusion of Lemmy Kilmister's blood

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

wow, y'all are a sympathetic group. wow.:?

16. BuzzMyMonkey

You do realize knucklehead that this isn't the R.I.P Syria thread, if you that hell bent on Syria start your own thread on it.

17. BuzzMyMonkey

well it doesn't help when one is as gifted as she was and to see her go down in the way she did with drug and alcohol abuse is a shame and is the reason I assume there lacks compassion because she had the world at her finger tips.
    Bobby Brown certainly has his hands in this death also.

Clive Davis?? as good as he is, what an idiot to still host his party in the same hotel. Weird

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

She was gifted and did have the world at her fingertips. But she also had a disease. She was sick. It's genetic. And yeah, she should of used her monies to cure it instead of feed it. But I sure can't judge her lifestyle. Heck, if I had all the money she had, who's to say what addictive gene I would have uncovered.

Yes, we've heard this story a gazillion times. The media glamorizes a stars death and even their drug use. People have trained them (the media) on what people like to feed off of, so they give it to you with all their portrayals of fame and fortune and even death and drugs. Feeding frenzy for most.

I just think of her as a person. Just a plain ol' human being. I have compassion and empathy for those who loved her personally and saw her die with this disease just like I watched my sister die with her disease (leukemia). I have compassion for human beings.

Just my .2 worth.

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I can't feel sorry for someone that ****ed him/herself down the drain on drugs. People idolized her talents only for her to thank them by killing herself.

There are more respectable people in this country that deserve notoriety....not some crackhead.

20. BuzzMyMonkey

well there is a major difference here, your sister had no choices or decisions in her disease, just last week I lost a close friend/family to leukemia it sucks and no choices were available to make as there was with Whitney in her self demise. I also feel compassion for her loved ones and her but the compassion pales in relation to those who lost their lives without choices.