RIP Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Feb 11, 2012.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey excuse me, i don't believe my post was in any way self righteous, i actually agree with you and Mrs. Archer Lodge, so i hope i am excused from the "Everyone of you" part of your post. :grouphug:

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Thats the point, unless you have lived with a daily struggle its hard to make you understand plain and simple!! You can surround yourself with all the good you want but its never as easy as black and white.. Thats all I am saying! And yes I think a little compassion never hurt anyone. I would hate to see what you would say if you lost a close friend to an addiction. I would think you would have some compassion for them!

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Oh really? Who is this Whitney imposter detailing her drug filled life?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/whitney-houston-drug-2002-interview-15572748

4. sassymom

Yall are real funny with your Mrs AL :jester:

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Over the grand scheme of it all and the way people are these days loyalty and trust is far and few between, you add media and money and all bets are off, there is always someone ready to talk that shouldn't.

There is no doubt drugs and alcohol played a roll in this, no doubt.

The kicker of it all which I heard this morning, now get this,, At Clive's party that same day it was brought up to make a stronger push at legallizing drugs and for those in the room to use their connections to make a strong push at it so they will stop losing these talented performers due to drug overdoses. Absolutely stupid and insensitive.

6. sassymom

I dont know why dont you ask them how many have been brought back from death!! Sure you can find that on the internet since its an open book!

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I have compassion for innocent victims. Not druggie re-My Friend who have millions of fans that would pay crazy cash just to see them in the same room.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It ain't helping to have compassion for her now. Where was all this compassion while she was publicly doped up for the last 10 years?

I won't help get someone UN-addicted because thanks to liberals my methods would get me put in jail. But I'm more than happy to go speak to young people while holding up a her before/after picture and teach them the consequences of not knowing right from wrong in the first place.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

I seriously doubt its the stupidest thing, but maybe one day you will realize how stupid this post is you just posted, Miss I just bought ocean front beach property in South Dakota.

As with celebrities and sports figures privacy is something they lost with advancement of cameras, internet, twitter, and money. NO I'm not a media whoremonger, I'm just not as naive as you seem to be.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

You're going to try to tell me I am stupid when you can't even spell? And you don't know the proper use of the word 'to', 'too' or 'two'?

Really? :lol::lol::lol:

drive thru please.

11. sassymom

Just like you said when media and money are involved how many people "talk" the truth or just spew whatever they want just for the cash!!

I wouldnt disagree with this statement either!

12. sassymom

Guess I am just nicer than you! :jester::jester:

Hell I would even have some compassion for you, well maybe LOL

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I did too!!! :jester:

14. BuzzMyMonkey

look, as you did "two" me, you said my post was stupid, I comprehended that well and didn't jump of the deep end saying you were calling me stupid as I see you kinda are here, I would expect to see you calling out others who do the same thing with to,too, which does happen. Throwing two in there wasn't needed by the way. Now I know some aren't as smart or educated as you but try and keep the jabs above the belt, no low blows ok.

now carry on will ya

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I have been clean for 34 years. You can bet I know it from all sides. Cleaned myself up and am enjoying life. No excuses. Proud of myself.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Cute.

17. BuzzMyMonkey

don't be so sensitive

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Naive is more like it, daffodil.

19. sassymom

Far from it, just to nice for my own good. Character flaw you could say!!

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My first comment: http://www.r-word.org/ THINK about it before you use it!

Secondly, everyone has someone who loves them. Even if you don't "feel sorry" for the person, have some compassion for the family. I watched my sis die of addiction (in a round about way) and can't even begin to tell you just how badly I miss her. I doesn't matter that she died the way she did (slow, agonizing death)...she could have gotten hit by a bus or whatever. I no longer have my sis and that's all I can see. Again, THINK ...