new cake shop on 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by roca1216, Feb 19, 2012.

1. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a new cake shop named a taste of a more? Its next to the tuxedo place beside waffle house. Anybody know anything about it?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will have some tables and serve coffee and have wifi. We need a new coffee shop in the area since the last one became a bakery and then closed down.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just googled it but couldn't come up with anything.

4. roca1216

Might be wrong on he name. Weather and keeping my eye on the road was more important. I hope its a nice french bakery with great coffee.

5. roca1216

Found it on Google. Its called day d' amour creative cakes in peddlers village.

6. cm

cm Guest

New Cake Shop

A Day D Amour custom cakes
    720-2782

7. Granky

Granky Well-Known Member

Hm, from their website it doesn't seem like a place for sitting down/coffee... darn it. It sure would be nice to have a nice lil' cafe in this area, other than the Starbucks on 70. When I first moved here, 6 years ago, there was that Grapevine catering place (maybe Day d' Amour is in the same space now) that had a wonderful coconut cake and okay coffee. The people behind the counter weren't the most pleasant (though, could have been several 'off' days). Bad time to open a store, but I would if I could.

http://garnercustomcakes.com/

Anyone know why Grapevine closed?

8. AnnetteL

These sure don't look like my kind of cakes,too bad,I was thinking about contacting them to see if they might be interested in selling some of mine there.I wish I knew anything about running a coffee shop,I'd serve Applestrudel,German Raspberry cheesecake,German Breads and Pastries and oh yeah-coffee too I guess ;)

9. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Hey Annette, when you do that I'll go in with you and do the custom cakes :)

10. AnnetteL

:cheers:

11. Granky

Granky Well-Known Member

"These sure don't look like my kind of cakes,"

I agree! But didn't want to be rude :hurray:

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

JAM, and I'll be you and Annette's first customer! LOL

13. AnnetteL

That wasn't my intention,if that's the way it came across I apologize!

14. AnnetteL

:lol:

15. Granky

Granky Well-Known Member

Oh no, AnnetteL! You didn't come across at all rude... it was my own lame joke, better said in person than in text... my bad :jester:

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

There is also a brand new place over behind Cookout down by Andy's, Anna's Gourmet Banana Bread Inc, they have a coffe bar, free samples and she is absolutely a delight. They don't have wifi though, but it is a great place to sit down have a cup of coffee and try some free samples.

17. Granky

Granky Well-Known Member

Thanks shar824, I'll check it out. Seems that same space has been attempting to be a bakery for the last 6 years. There'd be flyers announcing openings, we'd go in and meet a disheveled mom and son, a few random pies on the shelf, unclean feel to the joint. Kind of sad, actually. So, good, I will go to the new one on your recommendation and report back 8)

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention there's a scratch & win contest on this site with some of their breads as prizes.

Which reminds me...need to get over there and redeem my prize. :hurray:

19. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

They have a Strawberry bread that is out of this world. Have Anna make you a sample!!! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! 8)

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I just had the Peach Cobbler Bread last week and it was wonderful!!!!