Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I agree,I wish it would be in a more central location,for example between Bojangles and what used to be the old Winn Dixie warehouse near 70 in Clayton,at one point there was talk about a Lowes Home Improvement going there but I guess that fell through.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am still hoping that Publix (out of Florida) will start opening stores up here in NC. Especially in our area. I'd love to see a Whole Foods closer to us also. I hate having to travel all the way to Cary or to Wade Ave just to shop there. I would even like to see a Trader Joes come closer.

3. AnnetteL

I agree on all points! I love Puplix as well,is there a chance that they might open a store in our area?

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I love Publix too, there is one near my moms place in FL that we walk over to. Its a newer store and just wonderful! I like the Dietz & Watson deli items they carry instead of Boars Head. And I love that almost every afternoon the little lady is near the front set up sampling a recipe, and if you like it, she has the recipe cards and all the ingredients right there for you to grab and take home. I'd also love a Trader Joes closer to us. As much as I like Whole Foods... i'd spend way too much money there.

I'd be happy with a Harris Teeter at Flowers, its closer than going to 401/1010, Fuquay or Cary for me.

5. AnnetteL

I really like the Dietz&Watson Products too,Harris Teeter used to carry them but not any longer,they switched to Boars Head which is ok but I still prefer Dietz&Watson. I know all too well what you mean about spending too much money at Whole Foods ;)

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, while we are wishing, I'd love to have a Giant down here. They are everywhere in PA where my Mom is and I love them.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know there is a facebook campaign to bring them to North Carolina:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/81129603607/

If they do eventually come I think they will start in the Charlotte area and spread from there. I think Publix is going to be opening stores just across the NC/SC border from Charlotte in SC

8. AnnetteL

Thanks,I'll check out their facebook page!

9. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

This rumor has been around for a while now. Since I live in the proposed neighborhood I will keep hoping.

10. AnnetteL

A couple of weeks ago DH and I were driving down 42 E and saw this development on the right side,I believe one of the signs says "Tuscany",it's near Buffalo Rd.,is this near where the Harris Teeter 'might' get build?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Annette, it's supposed to be at Flowers Planation (there are a ton of S/D's in that area), that's at the intersection of 42E and Buffalo. Percy Flowers store is there. I'm not sure where Tuscany is on 42.

12. AnnetteL

It's a 'coming soon' S/D past Percy Flowers and also just a little past Buffallo Rd. coming in from the left.

13. AnnetteL

It's been over a month since the original post,are there any updates?

14. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree: And a Wegmans; I LOVE their hoagies!

15. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

I emailed corporate at wegmans a while ago. They said that their closest warehouse is in virginia so they would not be able build here

16. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Tuscany is a subd on the right (if you are heading east) on Hwy 42 going towards Percy Flowers. Harris Teeter "might' build directly on the corner of Hwy 42 and Buffaloe Rd. It is the multiuse area of the Pineville section of The Village at Flowers Plantation. There is NOT a sign for Harris Teeter but maybe one day . . .

17. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

It has been 7 years in the "talk" stage so I wouldn't hold my breath. I live there so I would love for it to happen but am prepared to wait.

18. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We had many two story HT's in VA they are not smaller stores just a smaller foot print.

19. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Have you gone to the Whole Foods on Stickland and Six Forks (Colonnade)? It's not a bad trip close to the 540. We exit at Falls of Neuse and hit Costco, Kroger, Trader Joe's and then head up Falls of Neuse stop at Fresh Market and then take Strickland over to Whole Foods. Then pick up the 540 for home. Bonus along this route lots of pet stores and resturants. We love Publix too, we probably have a better chance of seeing a Wegman's though.

20. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We went to Whole Foods yesterday for the first time, and the New Market. I think I won't complain about Harris Teeter's prices being high any more. All I can say is WOW. People might not like Walmart, but I can buy something there for $1.69 that is on the Whole Foods shelf for more than twice that (the very same brand and size). I guess if one can afford to live in that neighborhood, they won't complain about prices. We had a nice time looking around in Cameron Village, as it was our first time out that way. Although I will say, when the daughter comes to visit, I know where to go for a good selection of vegan food :hurray: